• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's kick off the pre-match thread for Saturdays game to try and claw back the last few days of inactivity.

What are your thoughts ahead of the game?
Les in charge still, will he keep the same team? Same formation?

Brighton are struggling as well this season but will the result be similar to the game on Monday night?

Let's hope not!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yet another 6 pointer. They're down there with us, like Stockport were (before they rose seven/eight places with that one win!). So we really need to get something from the game, otherwise we're gonna be left playing serious catch-up and be left well adrift of the pack, especially with the Saints beginning to string some results together behind us.

With Daniels suspended for the game, it'll be interesting to see if Les can bring in a goalkeeper on loan. He says he is gonna try and get one in in time so fingers crossed. Whilst I like Joe Collister, he is 17 years old. It's tough on a really young keeper to be playing in a side with no confidence and with the defence as shaky as a 1-legged man doing the hokey cokey!

Plus if he plays, Andy Coughlin who is SIXTEEN will be on the bench and I don't think that'd be a good move on the boy.

If we could get a decent experienced keeper in for the short term (Luke will miss just the one game I think), then I think we'll be ok on that front.

Also, I believe although not heard any City radio today, that Les told them and the pre-match press conference (I don't have Tranmere Player either!) that PJ has given permission for another player to be brought in on top of the GK situation. So an outfield player. Hopefully a decent centre back cos that is needed!

Whether that'd be done in time either remains to be seen.

I'm hopeful rather than expecting a good result. Come on you whites! =D>

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Interesting post above - won't expect the honour of bringing players in to go to Les though. Collister is simply too short for me, Daniels being out is a massive blow as IMO he's possibly our best player.

I find it odd that Brighton are where they are given the quality of some of their players. They, like Milwall, look to be this season's big underachievers so far. Cox, Dickenson, Dicker and Murray are all very good players at this level in my opinion. Elphic is a brilliantly talented young defender and I see they've also signed young Arsenal right-back Gavin Hoyte on loan (younger brother of Justin, of Middlesbrough). Don't really know the rest of their squad but can only assume it's not up to scratch as they have some very good individuals.

Their new chairman Tony Bloom is also a very nice bloke so would quite like to see them do well this year. Hopefully not at the weekend though...

Hoping for a more organised performance, 4-4-2, Barnett in the team, Mahon in the middle...same old stuff...

Fully expect more of the same, depressingly. Bring in new manager please, no offence to those currently involved.

So whats changed?

Chairman sacks Moore [provides flimsy unbelieveable reason]
Chairman hires Barnes and buffoon of a sidekick and slashes budget [best players exodus]
Chaiman sacks Barnes and buffoon [does he expect credit - he was the idiot behind the appointments]
Chairman promotes Physio to manager alondside reserve team coach [team respond with a home defeat]
Chairman still there, club further weakened by such foolish behaviour.
So whats changed? Sod all really - and nothing will change until chairman goes.
Sincere best of luck to Les and Shaun, if they can achieve under such circumstances they will deserve the queens award for industry and the Harry Houdini medal for surviving going over the falls in a barrel

Come Saturday, same old same old.....A home defeat by Brighton. I'm praying now that I get to eat my words.

Johnson out and nothing else will do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Back on topic, I agree the signs don't look good for this game. As well as those mentioned by SonkORLY?, Alan Navarro, ex-Rover also with the Seagulls and old boys have the habit of sticking the knife in. Don't expect Les to change much from Stockport. Whether it's 3 or 4 in midfield, McLaren should not feature. Barnett seems so out of favour, don't expect to see, but it would be good to know why. Collister's confidence dented by Barnes, but it doesn't look like another keeper will be loaned and Daniels is only out 1 game. We need a win, at the moment would settle for a draw, but I've no confidence in getting anything.

Player
Johnny morrissey
............................Loan/Keeper...........................

Logan............Goodison.........Broomes.....Backathingyo

.........Edds...............McLaren..........Welsh..............

........Curran..............Ricketts...........T.Moore...........

Think that's how Les will line up sat!!

Going for a 3-1 win & 6k+ Crowd\\:D/
T

Player
Jimmy Harvey
-----------Collister-------------

Logan--Goody--Broomes----Bakayogo

----Barnett--Edds----Mahon----

-Shuker------Ricketts------ITM-

This is my GUESS heard Parry say Shuker would probably start, so am guessing he willl be looking for Zouma whipping them in from one side and Shuker from the other, for Moore and Ricketts to get on the end of.

Have no idea why but I can see us winning this one and for no reason what so ever I think it could be comfortable. Listening to what some of the p[layers have said this week and looking at how gutted they looked on monday night the players willo be right up for it on saturday and hungry to please Parry. Also there is a high chance that the new manager will be in the stands and the players may be playing for their future.

I am going for a 4-1 win...............optimistic I know

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I like your optimism guys! Well, with David Martin hopping across the water for a months loan, that gives us much needed cover for Daniels.

So him in goal for sure. I dont think Les will change much else. As long as the lads create chances and have their shooting boots on, we may see a goal or two. I'd repace Gornell with Ricketts and boot McLaren out of the side for Welsh.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
come on ian dip your toe in the warm bath of optimism. Your know we will win tomorrow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A touch of irony in Les managing to loan a red, which JB didn't manage despite it being one of his aims. On paper Martin seems a stronger keeper than Daniels, so may keep his place after the ban expires. Fitness doubts over Mahon & ITM. Wish that I could share some of the optimism shown here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Until we see Martin in action, we really dont know what he'll bring to the team. Much has been said about his good performances whilst with MK Dons and more recently Leicester but of course he had a good team in front of him then so not sure it's a fair assessment. Our defence is somewhat shakier than Leicesters..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What, on paper, has brought you to that conclusion?

He's on the books of a big 4 club. Ok, the same was true of Antwi. He's had more match experience, including a spell at L1 champions Leicester, whereas Luke was at L2 play-off losers Shrewsbury. As Ian says, we won't know how he copes in our team until this afternoon. If you disagree that his cv seems more impressive, I'd be interested to know why.

Player
Goodison
Will be at this one. Would like this team to play:

Martin

Logan Broomes Goodison Bayakogo

Edds McLaren Mahon

Thomas-Moore Gornell Bain

Subs:

Collister, Taylor, Creswell, Welsh, Barnett, Ricketts, Carole

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Only change apart from the enforced is Welsh for Mahon. Ricketts not even on the bench. Decent away turnout, less so the home crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.