• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Braintree v Rovers FA Cup 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting trip to Essex for televised clash with the Blue Square Premier side. Their last home game was waterlogged off and current form seems patchy.

It's unclear which of our loanees can play, aside from Eccleston who's definitely available. The suggestion is that Palmer can't play, but the o/s silent on this point. My biggest concern would be if Jake Cassidy isn't available as a strike-force of Eccleston and McGurk doesn't inspire confidence. Gibson can be replaced by Goodison, while there are plenty of options to replace Palmer in midfield.

Aside from enforced changes, I would hope Ronnie doesn't alter too much. Progress in the Cup = more money and it would be good to make the third round. Robbo may be back, he could replace Palmer in the centre or take up his usual left-midfield slot.

Prediction; could go to a replay, but expect us to ultimately win.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
im going for a 2 1 win for us think it will be a tough game we get a late winner

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Would quite like us to be knocked out of cup competitions asap this season, but think a defeat vs these guys would put a dent in confidence in current form. Hope we smash them and carry that confidence into the league.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
so, no ecco, no jervis, no palmer, no cass, no robbo...i guess it ill be a test of how we will cope in jan without them, and maybe give the likes of Power and Cole a chance they otherwise wouldnt get....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's been a bad couple of weeks for Rovers - on and off the pitch, so I've got an uneasy feeling about this tie. Braintree will be up for it, on TV and nothing to lose. We have so many injuries to key players and their replacements and even their replacements' replacements. This and the withdrawal of our loanees will make it a difficult test tomorrow. A defeat would not help morale for the league games ahead. I'd be delighted if we scraped a draw. My best hope is that the lads remember the first game of the season when against all the odds a scratch team won the cup tie at Chesterfield.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I think its time we freshened things up anyway

Cassidy is,nt the quickest and we just need a bit of pace and hold up play there ,which might take the pressure of the lads at the back..

what am i talking about ..we,re playing a bag of ***** tomorow ..no wories..just turn up and the rest will happen !

5-0 ..half time prediction!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think its time we freshened things up anyway

Cassidy is,nt the quickest and we just need a bit of pace and hold up play there ,which might take the pressure of the lads at the back..

what am i talking about ..we,re playing a bag of ***** tomorow ..no wories..just turn up and the rest will happen !

5-0 ..half time prediction!
Look up the word "hubris" in your dictionary.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am getting more worried about this tie given the injury/loanee absentees. Expect us to line up as normal at the back, Harrison for Palmer and McGurk and Stockton up front.

I wonder if any of the youth strikers will get a spot on the bench. Joe Conchie looked promising against Marine pre-season and has a hat-trick at reserve level, don't know about other options.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
robbo will be involved in the game im pretty sure, possible jervis on the bench

M

Mal

According to BBC it is due to a waterlooged pitch, whatever that is.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Typical, we're never on the telly.

Might be a blessing in disguise, but our mid-week game was only moved to Wednesday. Lot of travelling for the lads this week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.