• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Boreham Wood v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It may seem a little early to start this thread, but members have already started posting about this match on last week's thread.

BW joined the NL the same year we did, but from a different direction. Many thought they would be a one season wonder, but they have been steadily improving over their time in this league. This season they are serious contenders and in 24 hours they could be level on points with us. They have never been easy opponents and Saturday could bring the toughest game yet. After a recent run of four wins, they have drawn the last two games and will be looking to consolidate their own play-off spot.

Gates rarely reach four figures, so they survive on a limited budget, boosted by money from Arsenal for use of their facilities. Danny Woodards, who played a few times for us during our last season in the EFL, is a regular.

I plan to be there along with a few of my old mates from Hertfordshire swelling the SWA, which could easily outnumber the home support. Unlike previous years, it promises to be a cracking match with a good atmosphere. With Macc ten points ahead and Sutton five, it looks like we will be scrapping for third place. So we need at least a draw to stay in touch. On current form, a win is possible but if we did get three points it would be one of the best results of the season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with most of the opening post. Boreham Wood must have a substantial budget when you look at the quality they have got in their squad: Bruno Andrade, Angelo Balanta and Morga Ferrier in particular are excellent players at this level. They are actually one of the better footballing sides we have played this season and have goals in their team.

Even if Wood win tomorrow night they won't overtake us, and I would put this game in the category of 'must not lose'. Along with the Aldershot match at Prenton Park, it is probably the toughest game we have left.

With that in mind, I would go for a risk averse team selection. I don't think Wallace is anywhere near ready to start a game, particularly when you bear in mind Traore has not played much football recently either. If Hughes is unavailable, I would play Jennings in the centre and somebody else, probably Clarke, on the left. I would guess Monthe will start again if fit, although I personally prefer Sutton.

Prediction: I think this will be a tight affair, probably a score draw, watched by circa 400 SWA.

Player
aldo
well as long as we can catch the top 2 . we need to keep winning. with the way we played at the daggers . if we play as good again and cut out the silly stuff at the back.. only a win will do . i cant be there as a very big weekend at work is on order . 400 away fans would mean we prob double the home fans there home avg 654 . ares over 5200

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
They've got a home game v Maidenhead tonight, the visitors following a 7-1 thrashing at Gateshead, so not expecting anything other than a comfy home win. Talk of poor weather this weekend, don't want another postopnement

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It finished 1-1 at Boreham Wood, which is a better result than I’d expected from a Rovers perspective. Unless they’re saving themselves for Saturday...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
401! Oh dear..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agree re result. Gate was 401. Might be more SWA than locals on Sat!
We did indeed outnumber them two seasons ago! Not quite so many last year, but it was a midweek game.

Seriously, if they got into the FL it would be a bit of a joke, even worse than FGR who at least can muster four figures.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
They have some training pitches by the ground and Arsenal youth and women’s teams use them, so a reasonable amount of money coming in from that. Probably bankrolled to some extent.

drwhoman

Thanks Boz. I suppose we also benefit from the use of PP by the Liverpool Under 23s.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That’s 3 draws in a row for BW with one goal conceded and one scored.

Certainly a winnable game for us on current form but a tough test

drwhoman

MM will have them fired up particularly with what will be magnificent support from the SWA. I wonder how many extra points they have generated for the club this season? We need to win every game from now on in or certainly not lose any.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
They have some training pitches by the ground and Arsenal youth and women’s teams use them, so a reasonable amount of money coming in from that. Probably bankrolled to some extent.
The Arsenal womens' team also play their home games at BW's ground, which is presumably where the majority of their money comes from and is why they can afford a hybrid pitch etc.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mike Jackson doing the pre-match said very little, Jeff Hughes back in training the most noteworthy comment. Some uncertainty about whether Harris is banned or not, no clarification on that.

Snow forecast in London at the weekend, but only due Saturday night in Boreham Wood. Don't know if there is any risk to the game going ahead.

Hosts have had a bit of a glitch in form, drawing the last 3 games

M

Mal

I am currently in Stratford East London. Not in Hertfordshire admittedly but it is absolutely pouring down and it is not that cold. So unless a major change happens overnight, there is more chance of a waterlogged pitch than a snow bound one.