bolton

24 Jul 2017
Player
tollitt
the bolton are on the verge of administration . some loan they havent or cant pay . if so -10 points that will be a hard season for them i know some people have gripes with the bolton but dont wish it on eney club. sad but sure they will pull through

30 Jun 2008
Nice one MH! Did they really pay 1m or is this someone's 'joke'? BTW I heard that they could lose 12 and not 10 points. We will see.

30 Jun 2008
I see that Bolton have reached a deal repaid their creditor and reduced liabilities by 1.5m. It looks like the creditor took a discount rather than risk losing more in an adminisration. Bolton have started the season ok.

28 Feb 2018
Player
Eddie Bishop
I've slightly mixed feelings about this and any other club who are living beyond their means. One part of me thinks that clubs like our own are being penalised by having sound finances, the other has some sympathy for the fans of clubs when the chickens come home to roost. Having said that those chickens have not been doing much roosting and football clubs, especially ones that have overstretched themselves, have shown an almost unbelievable resilience. The urge to overspend to reach the league "where we belong" is a big one, especially when you consider that probably half of the 72 (including us) believe that they are competing at least one league below their "traditional" level.