White Review

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bolton

Player
tollitt
the bolton are on the verge of administration . some loan they havent or cant pay . if so -10 points that will be a hard season for them i know some people have gripes with the bolton but dont wish it on eney club. sad but sure they will pull through

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
And they've just bought Doidge for a 7 figure sum? WTF?

Ian

Super White!
Player
Aldo
Yeah, some people never learn!

Player
Jason Koumas
And they've just bought Doidge for a 7 figure sum? WTF?
Yes, absolutely ridiculous. Administration is almost a soft option for clubs like Bolton, and it is the local businesses (their creditors) that suffer.

drwhoman

Nice one MH! Did they really pay 1m or is this someone's 'joke'? BTW I heard that they could lose 12 and not 10 points. We will see.

drwhoman

I see that Bolton have reached a deal repaid their creditor and reduced liabilities by 1.5m. It looks like the creditor took a discount rather than risk losing more in an adminisration. Bolton have started the season ok.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I've slightly mixed feelings about this and any other club who are living beyond their means. One part of me thinks that clubs like our own are being penalised by having sound finances, the other has some sympathy for the fans of clubs when the chickens come home to roost. Having said that those chickens have not been doing much roosting and football clubs, especially ones that have overstretched themselves, have shown an almost unbelievable resilience. The urge to overspend to reach the league "where we belong" is a big one, especially when you consider that probably half of the 72 (including us) believe that they are competing at least one league below their "traditional" level.