• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bolton

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
There was a preview thingy on Talksport today about the Bolton v Blackburn game. That didnt fuss me much, but what did surprise me was when it was mentioned that Bolton are £120 MILLION in debt!!:shock:

Thats a ridiculous amount to money to be in debt with, especially a club their size, they havent exactly spent a fortune on players either. Apparently they could go into administration if they go down, simplyu thru lack of cash...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, it's not all doom and gloom then :)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Gartside seems to be a bit of a divvy doesn't he, particularly with his suggestion that relegation from the Premier League should be scrapped ?

The only Premier League chairman I have any time for is Dave Whelan, who understands the struggles of smaller clubs and doesn't seem to be purely motivated by money.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gartside seems to be a bit of a divvy doesn't he, particularly with his suggestion that relegation from the Premier League should be scrapped ?

The only Premier League chairman I have any time for is Dave Whelan, who understands the struggles of smaller clubs and doesn't seem to be purely motivated by money.

Agree about the first part of your statement and the financial position of his club explains why he floated such a daft suggestion.

I am not so sure about Dave Whelan, he spent a lot of money getting a poorly supported lower league side to the Premiership, so seems hypocritical when he's criticised the amounts of money foreign owners are now throwing around. Peter Coates at Stoke and Huw Jenkins at Swansea seem to be doing a decent job.