• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Blunts 0 Rovers 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A fantastic team performance today, with a point the least Rovers deserved. The first half was tight, but in the second we pushed for the winner with United happy to counter attack us as if they were the away team: in the final twenty minutes we were camped around their 18 yard box. We also looked the much better footballing side throughout.

There were few clear chances for either side. Fonners had to make one decent save early from a shot from the edge of the box following a set play, but otherwise had little to do. In the second period we had a lot of great possession in the final third, but could not quite prize the opening that our approach play deserved.

I was frightened by the prospect of playing Sheff U before this game, but was generally unimpressed with them. They were strong at the back, physical and very long ball, and its easy to see how they overpower a lot of the lesser teams, but I think we have much more quality and variety in our play.

It is difficult to single out individuals for praise as to a man we were excellent, but Cassidy worked tirelessly up front, Max Power put in a classy display in the middle, and the back four were extremely solid. Robbo also had his best game for a while, and credit must go to the manager for the change in formation and the brave but correct decision to play Max. The only drawback with the 4-3-3 was that Cass was a little isolated at times.

Still top, and proud to be a Rover after that display today. O:)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A decent result somehow keeps us top for yet another week.

Good to see Max getting a start and hopefully he can have a bit of a run in the team as offers a lot more than harrison.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cheers for the report RLC.

Like many I did not expect us to still be top come 5pm but full marks to the lads and Ronnie too for changing formation and bringing max in.

Amazing to think we got such a good result without Wallace, Gibson, JLAA, and Baggie.

Player
Liam Palmer
Great result and performance, maybe we should play all our games away!?!

Ronnie has said tonight that Wallace will be back for Boxing Day and JLAA in January for the Crawley game. Amazing, if true.

Today's result could be the one which changes the perception of us as a surprise package into serious promotion challengers in many peoples' opinions!

SWA!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Today's result could be the one which changes the perception of us as a surprise package into serious promotion challengers in many peoples' opinions!

SWA!

Agree entirely. Even some of the bitter Sheff. Utd. supporters are acknowledging as much on their websites !

What really encourages me is that I think we are also more adaptable than we previously realised and probably not as dependent on the loanees as we thought. The fundamentals in this team are so good, I can still see us challenging even if we lose both Palmer and Cassidy (which is probably unlikely). Max and Cole are both capable of playing important roles and we have the return of the injured quartet to look forward to.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb result. This result could really be the benchmark for the rest of the season. One of the toughest games we'll play, and we were unlucky not to nick it.

We have come through the last 2-3 months with a depleted squad and still remain top. For me, the season can only get better when we get our other players back.

Credit to the lads for a great effort and to Ronnie for changing shape.

Top of the league still... SWA!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Superb result. This result could really be the benchmark for the rest of the season. One of the toughest games we'll play, and we were unlucky not to nick it.

We have come through the last 2-3 months with a depleted squad and still remain top. For me, the season can only get better when we get our other players back.

Credit to the lads for a great effort and to Ronnie for changing shape.

Top of the league still... SWA!!
Well said, Ian. It's been an amazing performance.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
somebody whisper sweet details in my ear about how we went to sheff utd and played 4-3-3 and kept a clean sheet?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pleasantly surprised that we came away from Sheffield with anything and by the sound of it, deservedly so. Glad that Max was given a chance, although a little surprised. While it's good that Wallace might be ready for Boxing Day, let's not rush him back until 100% fit.