• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

birkenhead park

Player
aldo
had a great day in the park to day with my wifey and are lovley little girl . always remember tranmere playing bh park at cricket cant remember who won but was fun i think , long time ago

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, I remember a lot of close season cricket in the old days. By the way, I was once told that Birkenhead Park was the inspiration for New York's Central Park.

Player
aldo
yes it was . a guy came over a few years back and said if it was not for birkenhead park there wouldnt be new york . the inprovments they have made there is great . just a shame the rest of the town is shit . and so run down. but the park is great .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
yes it was . a guy came over a few years back and said if it was not for birkenhead park there wouldnt be new york . the inprovments they have made there is great . just a shame the rest of the town is shit . and so run down. but the park is great .
Are you talking about Birkenhead or New York? ;)

Player
aldo
in the visitor centre at birkenhead part there is a a information on a guy that came over from america to birkenhead park . to see the park . he said it was a dream come true to see the park . he waork in central park new york . me and my wife have been to central park its great . dont like new york that mutch but wifey loves it