• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Big News imminent?

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Board Expresses Frustration

Tranmere SMS subscribers read this news first. With Tranmere SMS you can get goal flashes, post match quotes and any transfer or contract news before it appears on the official website.

The Tranmere Board is frustrated after witnessing a second half performance on Saturday that the Manager admitted was the worst he had seen since arriving at the Club.

The Board wants to reassure supporters that the Club intends to do everything possible to fight back up the table including making new signings.

Money was earmarked in the summer to strengthen the squad and, despite the fact that the Club has gone out of the two major income generating cup competitions in the first round, funds are still available to help fight back up the table.

Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "Unlike some other clubs, we have financial stability and money to spend. We are under performing and it can't be allowed to continue. We will be meeting with Brian to discuss this."

The biggest frustration for the Board is the fact that the Club made available money to bring in new players in the summer and some of it remains untouched. Players that came in to strengthen the squad a few months ago have had their contracts cut short by the Manager without replacement.

"There can't be many Clubs where week after week the Board is encouraging the Manager to strengthen the squad. Usually it's the other way but in this case the Board has wanted to invest in the squad for the last few months. It's very frustrating."

bye bye brian you tactically and motivationally inept plonker.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Johnny King is God said:
harsh but fair.
this concerns me a lot as i was unaware lorraine had released funds. i was always under the impression brian had nothing to play with.

having said that, we dont know how much she had released for squad strengthening. im sure brian has commented many times that he doesnt think there's much out there we can afford. i dont know, it all seems a little strange.

Johnny King is God said:
Board Expresses Frustration

Tranmere SMS subscribers read this news first. With Tranmere SMS you can get goal flashes, post match quotes and any transfer or contract news before it appears on the official website.

The Tranmere Board is frustrated after witnessing a second half performance on Saturday that the Manager admitted was the worst he had seen since arriving at the Club.

The Board wants to reassure supporters that the Club intends to do everything possible to fight back up the table including making new signings.

Money was earmarked in the summer to strengthen the squad and, despite the fact that the Club has gone out of the two major income generating cup competitions in the first round, funds are still available to help fight back up the table.

Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "Unlike some other clubs, we have financial stability and money to spend. We are under performing and it can't be allowed to continue. We will be meeting with Brian to discuss this."

The biggest frustration for the Board is the fact that the Club made available money to bring in new players in the summer and some of it remains untouched. Players that came in to strengthen the squad a few months ago have had their contracts cut short by the Manager without replacement.

"There can't be many Clubs where week after week the Board is encouraging the Manager to strengthen the squad. Usually it's the other way but in this case the Board has wanted to invest in the squad for the last few months. It's very frustrating."

SO WHY THE FCUK IS BRIAN LITTLE STILL MANAGER! :twisted:

AND WHY DOESN'T HE JUST WALK?Lorraine obviously doesn't rate him!
and now she comes out to say theres money available and there always has been!so whay doesn't he sign someone?

Fcuk off little,you're a shit manager!!! :twisted:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
he wont resign because he he might belive that he can stil get the job done, or he wont leave cos hes on good money.

i disagree hes a shit manager, hes justy lost his spark at tranmere.
i agree, he should ago.

C

championship_here_we_come

i can proudly say i was first to know about this news

i found out on thursday that a important board meeting to discuss the furture of tranmer rovers including the manager and players had been called for monday

looks like they are trying to get brain to resign rather than having to sack him and theerfore pay him off

Griff

I've never been Littles biggest fan.

It is usually the case that when a manager leaves the players often realise that they are playering for their place in the team. If we get rid b4 Christmas the players may get the push they need.

Shorly if we are going to get rid of Little it needs to be in good time for a new manager to concider the current squad and make moves to get players in during the transfer window

DixieDean

Griff said:
Shorly if we are going to get rid of Little it needs to be in good time for a new manager to concider the current squad and make moves to get players in during the transfer window

definately....

if Little is still here at the end of January, we are doomed. Unless of course by some miracle he has managed to turn things around by then. But I wouldn't put any money on that happening.

Griff

I think many poeple have come to the conclusion that even if Little manages to turn thing round enough to get us out of the drop zone, hes isnt the man to take us forward.

Even last season when we were flying high, I wasnt happy with the style of football and felt that we were playing above our level in an average league. We had a couple of game winning players in Hulme and Taylor, with them missing it shows that the squad has been lacking all along.

Little has tried to play it safe in a poor quailty league, were if you take it to some of these teams they will fall over. Just like we have.

Its such a crap league that we are not in too much trouble yet, but then Little seems to have exhusted all of his tactics. What more can he do other then pull out a special transfer.

Player
Morrisey
If Little goes then who will be caretaker manager?...

Macca might show passion and get the players going and do Stuart pearce!! I can't see McMahon beconing caretaker manager! But we still have little and I do want him to go but as long as he is with the club I will try and support him!

B

Banana Army

All i can say is that i hope he goes now. If hes been given money to spend and doesnt want to, then in my opinion it sounds like he's trying to take the club downwards.

Griff

Sounds like madness doesnt it

Money to spend. Whats he been waiting for ? If he cant find or attract anyone good enough to play for us then that is his failing.

I just hope he doesnt get given a chance, panic buy some no-mark and leave any possible replacement manager with too tough a job to do.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Banana Army said:
All i can say is that i hope he goes now. If hes been given money to spend and doesnt want to, then in my opinion it sounds like he's trying to take the club downwards.

Exactly! thats been runnuing through my mind too.

evo_trfc

I was one of those people who was backing little but the last few weeks have frustrated me.
He has money to spend so why dont we spend it, like others i was under the impression rogers was holding back transfer funds, it was obvious we needed t obring in two very good players to replace hume and taylor.

#When Little goes hopefully the New manager will bring in some of these good players, And a good enough Goalkepper to take over the reigns when Actherberg hangs up his gloves.

Macca will be appointed manager.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'd rather see Shaun Garnett step up to caretaker than Jason. Jason is 'working towards' his coaching badges, Shaun I would suppose already has them as he's been coaching the youths for a while now. Going up the ladder, gaining coaching experience has got to be better than going straight from player to manager, as we've seen in the past.

Winning is a habit as well, and Shaun's youth teams have certainly been in that habit. Either would presumably only be a short-term appointment as caretaker.

Ideal world of course I'd say Ronnie Moore please.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
I'd rather see Shaun Garnett step up to caretaker than Jason

OK, for some odd reason I read that as Shaun Goater. :?
But I like the way we are discussing new managers. Doesn't look promising for Little does it. :eek:

Have you seen Jason McAteer in his new role. He stands on the sideline and doesn't say a word. Now, you may find this hard to believe, but he actually doesn't say anything. Great manager he'd make.

Ron Atkinson anyone? :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Ron atkinson? ranks, facey, theo, goodison wil never get played.

I was tandfing behind him at lairds when we played them in tyhe cheshire cup and you make think he doesnt but hge actually does do alotof shouting. he seems to know his stuff. i wouldnt favour him but ill give him a chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
I was tandfing behind him at lairds when we played them in tyhe cheshire cup and you make think he doesnt but hge actually does do alotof shouting

mate, you really need to check your spelling :wink:
i was joking about big ron also... :oops:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
1) The club should never have ever released this statement without holding a meeting with Brian Little first... in the statement it says they will hold a meeting not that they already have. This is completely unprofessional im my eyes even if I want Brian to go.

2) How do we know how much money has been made available. Surely this is only enough to bring in a couple on free transfers or on loans seeing as the transfer window is closed. If it is only for free transfers then maybe Brian doesn't want to waste it on players that aren't better than our current crop... because we all know if he brings in a player that some of us don't see as being good enough for us then he will get a load more stick thrown at him.

It looks as though if he gets as far as Scunthorpe then anything other than a win will not be good enough.

S

Seanyb

Joe_TRFC wrote:
1) The club should never have ever released this statement without holding a meeting with Brian Little first... in the statement it says they will hold a meeting not that they already have. This is completely unprofessional im my eyes even if I want Brian to go.

They have done this intentialy to make Little buck up or pack up! In other words it will piss off little what LR has done, so he is either going to resign or he will try 300% to prove the silly bitch wrong! If BL walks, we don't pay compo! So I understand why she hasd done this, and its quite clever buisness really!!

George Burley a good shout but unrealistic! Phil Thompson is my shout (agen probs unrealistic!), he's got a shop next to Prenton Park, why not make the next step!