• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

best ever TRFC goal

Player
aldo
apart from the lords in the play off final whats your best ever goal seen by the super whites. dale jennings against mk dons to get statred.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I always like Koumas goal away at Everton. Great technique

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Long time ago, but the Graham Williams winning thunderbolt against Huddersfield (then in the top flight) 3rd round of the FA Cup 1968 Shock 2-1 win for us....Attendance 20,000 + Great atmosphere. Got my ticket from Noel Kellys in Bromborough...great sports shop and nice bloke. More recently the Koumas goal at Goodison.

drwhoman

HIggy. What a great choice. I was there for that game. Frank Worthington scored for Huddersfield and Ken Beamish, I think, scored the first one for Rovers. The Graham Williams thunderbolt was in the last few minutes. I was standing directly behind him in the Cowshed when he hit it. I remember it now, the ball arcing into the top corner of the net! A great memory.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Thanks Drwhoman. Yep great time to score and a good scalp at the time, initiating a nice cup run culminating in the game a Goodison. Don't know why, but had to go and watch a Cheshire League game with my dad to qualify for a ticket.

Player
ian goodison
hope my memory hasn,t let me down but nick henry against Bolton in I think a league-cup tie brilliant volley from outside the penalty area

drwhoman

Cannot remember how I got mine! I was at the Goodson game. Due to injuries I think Gerry Casey was playing upfront? A no nonsense (understatement!) midfielder!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Achterberg's long throw out and Parky running half the field and putting it past the Middlesborough keeper in the League Cup one of my favourites.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Achterberg's long throw out and Parky running half the field and putting it past the Middlesborough keeper in the League Cup one of my favourites.
Yes, that was a great one which is often overlooked.

There are too many to mention really, some having great significance rather than being aesthetically pleasing.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I recall Yardley was injured drwhoman. I didn't know it was Casey who replaced him up front though. No nonsense is right! - he did like a tackle. He was the first footballer to be sent off on his debut...……….first few minutes I believe.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Long before my time, but did not Yardley miss the Everton game because of the Alf Wood incident at Shrewsbury ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have a terrible memory so can't recall many, Koumas' as Everton always springs to mind.

drwhoman

it was 67/8. Yardley was injured at Shrewsbury as RLC says and did not play again that season. We had beaten then 1st Div Coventry after a replay in the 4th round. BBTC was there? I saw the game away but missed the home replay due to school exams. We lost 2-0 at Everton with mad dog Casey and a young Ken Beamish up front. I think a young Joe Royal played for Everton. Gate was 62k! No all seater then!