• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bees 1 Rovers 2

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great result, I was thinking we'd do well to take a point.

On Adam McGurk, I agree with Ian that he's inconsistent, also sometimes goes missing, but at his prime is a talented player. Is there any difference in how we play away that brings him more to the fore, as his best performances seem to be away from home. I'm unsure it can all be down to the home crowd getting on his back.

Couple of questions for those who were there;

Was it Rovers fans throwing snow-balls at the Brentford goalie and Ronnie asking them to stop, or Bees fans asked by Uwe Rosler to stop throwing snow-balls at OFW? Or both?

There was also one report which mentioned Owain raising his hands to a Brentford player and being lucky to only get a Yellow Card. What was that all about?

Regarding Adam, I think the fact that visiting teams sit deeper at Prenton Park and sometimes double up on our wingers hinders him. Away from home he inevitably has more space to play in, which obviously applies to our other wide players as well (I think Bell Baggie has also been better away from home, but I may be imagining this). McGurk does not really have pace and trickery to beat full backs (although he certainly showed quick feet for his goal yesterday) and is at his best when he can get his head up and carry the ball, which is difficult when the oppositon half is congested.

Regarding the snow balls, they were directed at Fon Williams and Rosler had to intervene to stop him being pelted.

In the second incident you refer to, Fonners was fouled by a Brentford player when collecting a cross and reacted angrily without actually touching the said player. Douglas for some reason saw fit to get involved and a little melee ensued, but nothing significant.

I got the impression Fon Williams was being goaded by their crowd pretty much all game and it is surprising he did not lose his cool much earlier.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The past month or two has been the first time I've known McGurk to play well for more than 2 games on the bounce. I've seen many occasions where he has played badly for 5+ on the bounce. I think that's why people are sceptical. More power to him if he can keep his place in the team.