• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnsley v. Tranmere Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in such a confident mood about this one that i couldn't wait to get it started! i know that barnsley are havin' quite a good season at the mo',and they seem difficult to beat,but as i say am really confident after our first half showin' against the swans!

i'm gunna go with..............
Barnsley 1-3 Tranmere (ht 1-1)
Hayes Sharps,Facey,Greenacre \:D/

same team i would of thought (providing no one goes down with an injury) :!:

come on you whites. :lol:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Our away form has been excellent of late, still can't see us winning by more than one goal though.

I'm gonna say 2-1 to the Super Whites. Greenacre x 2

DixieDean

i think it will be tight against a team with one of the best home records in league 1.

I'm tempted to say 1-2, but will hope for at least a draw, so 1-1. :D

M

Matthew The Rover

Don't Barnsley have the best defence in the league? If so, three at Oakwell, where we have never won (infact we've never beaten Barnsley) will be a very tough ask.

I'll go for 1-1.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We have never beaten Barnsley away but Matthew you're not right about us never having beaten them at all. We have beaten them a few times at PP I think... the most recent one was a couple of seasons ago... we won 2-0 with goals from Hume (overhead kick) and Taylor.

Anyway... on Tuesday I sort of think we can win... but then think maybe we will draw just because we have never beaten them at Oakwell. Of course you can never rule anything out with Rovers. I'm going to go with a draw though, I can remember us getting quite a few score draws there just in recent times.

Barnsley 1-1 Tranmere
Hayes--------Greenacre

C

ChiefRich

When we reached the Worthington Cup Final, we gave them a 4-0 pasting at PP the round before beating Middlesbrough 2-1. I seem to remember Michael Black scoring an absolutely awesome chip from the edge of the area to clinch it, and Eric Nixon making a cameo at the end.

Turning back to the event next Tuesday, see it being a traditional Tranmere Rovers v Barnsley match, which means 0-0 or a scrape by them at the end.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think were back on track now hopefully! Should be a good match.

hmmm...hard to say about thid one but Ill go for a good hard fought battle and maybe well nick it 1-0. Itll probably be greenacre who will get the goal.

A

AndyRoo16

I think we should go for the win but be satisfied with a draw. Be great if we could continue alike our performance against Swansea(especially first 45).I fancy us to do well at the Oakwell and for Greenacre to get a goal!

an we ave beaten them!!!
I can nemba us winnin 2-0(pretty sure) at PP,hume overhead kick, season before last. I nemba cos i had VIP tickets that day :D :D :D

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Who can forget the 6-1 when they absolutley battered us and we scored the six chances we had.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I acnt make the match im working I think but I feel we can get a point at least but away form hasnt been to bad this season so a point or maybe three?

My Team:
(4-4-2)
Acto
Francis,Sharps,Jacko,Goodison (he played amazin against the Swans)
Aiston,Jenno,Harrison,Robbo
Facey,Greenacre

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

We have absolutely no luck over at Oakwell.... ever.... ever.... ever.

So our lucks got to change sometime.

2-1 to Rovers. Greenacre and Facey

Player
Morrisey
1-2

Greenacre and Jennings.

I can see jennings bagging a goal in this one. He seems to be playing quite confidently at the moment.

R

rockferrywhites

barnsleyv tranmere

i am not sure why am this confident but i will go 2-0 trfc. because we are well due a win at oakwell and hopefully i can see it happen.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good to see we are all fairly confident for this game... although that probably means we'll get beat!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Nice to see everyone so confident. To continue the positive nature of this thread I think we'll win 9-0.

Actually, I think we'll get beat - probably because I'm going and I'm the biggest jinx ever, even bigger than Gray.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This is the only Rovers game I'll make this month and like Ally my record away from home this season isn't good seen 4 lost 4. A draw wouldn't surprise me.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

ill go for a 2-1 win to Rovers. Facey and Greenacre

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ally said:
Nice to see everyone so confident. To continue the positive nature of this thread I think we'll win 9-0.

Actually, I think we'll get beat - probably because I'm going and I'm the biggest jinx ever, even bigger than Gray.

OI :!: :wink:

Actually, we've figured it out, it's my Dad who's the jinx.

Just me and my bro went to the home leg against Hartlepool at the end of last season, OK, we lost the tie on pens but won on the night 2-0.

Went to the home game against Swindon this season on my own and we won.

My Dad came to that awful home game against Scunny - we got beat.

Dad went to the Swansea game, we got a draw when we should have won.

Yep, defo my Dad who's the jinx! :D

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
is your dad going to barnsley..

please say no .. [-o<

only joking mate, if he is lets hope the jinx is broken eh? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.