Back Where We Belong

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
Is essential reading for all Tranmere fans. It includes a lot of information which was not previously in the public domain, but which was rumoured here and elsewhere.

30 Jun 2008
I enjoyed this book. Some gems. For example, Norwood did not know where Tranmere was when asked to sign! Also, the MM half time speech in the BW Final. Roughly translated - Tranmere expects!! You can become legends! Dramatic and uplifting.

Ian

Super White!
21 Sep 2005
Player
Aldo
The MM speech at half time was superb. The book brought back some good and not so good memories from our time in the NL.

I also thought it was nice that the book gave a lot of credit to Brabin who whilst not particularly endearing to the supporters actually built up a decent squad during his time.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
I’ve not read the book yet. Does it throw any light on Brabin’s failure to engage with the fans? Can’t recall a manager in recent times who’s been more aloof.

30 Jun 2008
The book acknowledges that Gary struggled to connect with the fans unlike Mickey who has made it a priority as classingly evidenced by his rush to the fans at the end of the BW final. They really can be a twelfth man.

30 Jun 2008
If anyone wants my copy of the book please give me your address in a private message and I will send it to you. An enjoyable read but I am trying not to hang on to books these days!

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
I’ve not read the book yet. Does it throw any light on Brabin’s failure to engage with the fans? Can’t recall a manager in recent times who’s been more aloof.
Ben Harrison says that his major error was not forming any kind of relationship with the supporters. It is interesting that the Trust board were consulted by Palios about Brabin's position in the summer of 2016 and all of them thought he should go, but MP decided to stick with him. However, even before a ball was kicked in the 2016-17 season it seems that communication had broken down between Palios and Brabin and it was only a matter of time.

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
Speaking of managers, Alan Stubbs reign at st Mirren was short lived as he’s left the club today.

Let’s hope Mark or Mickey don’t get a phone call....mickeys home town club of course