• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Are people happy?

• Thread starter JimSteelesJockStrap
  • Start date
J

JimSteelesJockStrap

Was talking to a friend of mine this morning on the way to work and he was absolutely fed up with the recent performances being doled out. I think last nights result against Darlington was the straw that broke the camels back. He even vowed he was not going to waste any more of his money watching the rovers again this season. I just wondered how many other supporters
felta similar way. I was shocked at the piss poor atmosphere against Bournmouth I cant actually remember us singing anything!!! And just think that it was a far cry from when we played the likes of Bristol when the atmosphere reflected the quality and excitement we were witnessing on the pitch. I just wonder whether or not supporters feel that the wheels are going to come off like they have so many times before.
From a purely personal point of view I have to say that the lack lustre performances and poor run of results has effected the way I look forward to a game. (I even found myself thinking about skipping the Bournmouth game.) I think that the only reason we are still fifith in the league is that everyone else is so inconsistent too. What I hope to see on friday night is a good performance from all of the players, and I want to see them keep the ball on the bleeding deck, we can out pass and out play most sides in this division when we do this, please no more long ball football! Above all I want the 3 points.
Just another quick thought anyone think we should have a go at getting that Leon Knight I know he comes with baggage but surely he must be worth a look at.:-k

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't really comment that much as i've only seen 4 games this season but all the games i've seen i've been content with how we have done although there is room for improvement. Last night sounded terrible but if we play well on Friday night and get the 3 points I wouldn't worry too much about last night. You could argue we are lucky to be in 5th but you could think well its a bonus that we are 5th and if we can improve then we have a good chance of at least play offs this season. I think everyone should continue to look forward to the games and get behind the team! The team will not benefit from people not going to the game!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
no is the short answer for me.
we never looked like we wanted the ball and when we did get the ball we gave it straight back. this has been the case in the last few games. whether its because we're tired i don't know but we bloody shouldn't be. we need to start looking like we want otherwise i won't be happy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Are people happy. Hmm..
Some people will be forever happy and defend the side no matter what, others will never be happy and moan even if we are winning.

I'd have to say I'm not happy 'at the moment'. This could change, and usually does, but what's being served up at the moment, isn't particularaly enjoyable.

We've gone through quite a bad spell of late and in all honesty, the games haven't been great to watch. I think there are so many underachievers in the squad at the moment, it's just not clicking together.

We all said at the start of the season how we need to give a new team time to find their feet, settle in. I think they've had long enough know. Worringly though, the pattern I'm starting to see isn't a pretty one.

I think Tues night sums up how most of us are feeling at the moment and how it's going on the pitch.

If I'm being brutally honest, from what I've seen since August I don't think we are good enough to go up. I hope I'm proved wrong.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It all depends on perspective. Let's look at Man Ure and Chelsea in the premier league, they've won 8 out of their first 10 games, and yet they're all pissy and moany the minute one tiny little thing goes wrong. They whinge and bi**h and moan more than anyone else (excepting Bolt*n); they're flaming well winning games more often than they're losing, yet somehow it's just not 'good enough' for them. Well screw that.

I'm a Tranmere fan. I'm used to losing. A lot. My expectations aren't to win every game. I'd love it if we did of course, but it's just not going to happen.

It's possible to win our league even losing quite a few games, so perhaps we'll do well and go up, then again perhaps we won't. One outcome is of course better, but the other isn't the end of the world.

We'll still exist as a club and as a part of the community. Big clubs pay lip-service to that, while at Tranmere it's a real thing. I clearly remember the players coming to do their training at my school's pitches, as well as signing autographs, and Pat Nevin paid several visits to give talks and such. Touchingly, several first team players also attended the funeral of a big Rovers fan who went to my school.

Tranmere has a place in my heart and always will, simply a run of disappointing results certainly won't change my own personal perspective.

And as for the perspectives of others, I guess I can help them by asking "why were these results disappointing?" Because we believe this team is capable of much more,.. which is better than being stuck with a bunch of complete lemons.

Player
Morrisey
On the form that we showed at the start of the season I am not happy. However, if you asked me at the beginning of the season if I would be happy with where we are now, I would have said yes. so on the whole I would have to say yes.

DixieDean

I think a fan's happiness can be gauged by the size of the gap between his/her "expectation" and the team's "achievement".

If we had not signed anyone in the summer and had a team made up of youth players, I imagine 99% of people's expectations would have been for us to be relegation candidates. 5th Place would look like heaven, poor performances would be no surprise.

However I, like many people, became enthused in the summer, not only by the appointment of the prodigal son, but also of signings such as Sheriff, Mullins, Taylor, but especially Ellison and Shuker.

Many then expected "bedding in" to occur, with perhaps us starting off slowly and then getting better with each game.

I think the fact that we started so well left people thinking "wow, imagine when these guys get to know each other! Championship here we come!"

So picture your expectation level after the signing...maybe 7/8 out of 10?
Then picture that level rise after such a good start, sitting in behind Forest at the top of the table. I think mine probably hit 9 or 10 out of 10 when we were level on points with forest (briefly)..

My expectation, powered by hope, has remained quite high, so seeing the recent results come in have definately left a huge gap between my expectation and their achievement.

That's my thoughts on it all anyway....

Bring back Little.... then our expectations would be a lot lower (no doubt, just like the achievements!)

Player
Achto
Ive been watchin the rovers for 20+ years!!!

And I think the team ronnie has buillt here is very workman like.It doesnt have the sparkle or the X-factor like teams gone by.

I was hopin for big things this year as many of us was,and as of yet things havent clicked.

In my humble opinion:-

Mullin- is foooooookin ace,he gets everywhere,strong in the challenge and a good passer. Prob my fav midfielder since Tyrone Loran.

Maclaren- is pants,and is carried by Mullin,when we played Forest,he lost the ball so many times I lost count!!!,and he kept passing high balls to shuker,who was up against a monster of a left back.

Shuker-Ace and wants to do well for the club,he has flair and passion.

Ellison- Not great,he seams to want to bully the right back,and for a winger drifts in a lot. When he plays against an old skool decent rightback he gets ruined. Stevie Yates would have left him for dead.

I'll sign off with one last thought.......

This is the 1st season for years when we havent had a player which a topclass team hasnt been chasing..

Now that tells its own story.

Paul

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'll sign off with one last thought.......

This is the 1st season for years when we havent had a player which a topclass team hasnt been chasing..

Now that tells its own story.
Of course we don't. Little sold them all to pay his wages, umm I mean to 'generate two and a half million pounds of revenue'. He really was a prize prat. Mind you selling our good young players was probably a good idea, since he wouldn't have played them anyway, with them being under 30 and posessing a spark of creativity or enthusiasm, ideas totally alien to Little.

By Jesus Im happy.

got back last night after a good performance by the lads!

and i've got some dirty bit coming round at eight and the beers are in the fridge!!!!!!!!

hopefully she'll end up wearing my 1989-90 rovers shirt and not expect too much action whilst match of the day is on

happy days

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ronnie Moore is reported as being happy with last night's showing v Millwall. Personally, while I thought it was a good game, Rovers were much more nervy than in the Bournemouth match and the final score was flattering.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
AJSM, that just sounds like the stuff dreams are made of mate!

I've just started seeing a new woman and if I can persuade her into one of my smaller shirts I'll die a happy man!

God forgive me!

I know this thread is named "Are you happy?" For another reason but hey!

Why not eh?

AJSM, hope it was good for you mate haha!

J

Johnny King is God

AJSM - that is one of the best posts I've read on here for ages!

How did it go with the 'Dirty Bit?'