• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Another disgusting Brian Little interview

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
All quotes below in this post were made after the Notts Forest game and can be found in the press or on the official website.

We've lost five games away from home and we should have drawn four and therein lies the problem. It is very frustrating and disappointing.
If you go looking for draws, then more often than not you get beat. That's a fact of life Brian that you really should have learnt by now. If you go looking for a win, then often the worst that will happen is a draw. Also, if we lost five games but of those we should have drawn four (which is what Brian's said) then what is he saying the fifth game should have been? He's saying that we "should" have lost one and drawn four from the five. If that was what he was AIMING for, it's a sad state of affairs.

It was a competitive game and both teams worked hard at stopping the other play. I can't criticise my team for a lack of effort and determination.
They need not have bothered working hard to stop us playing, because we're always far too busy working hard at stopping the opposition play that we never play our own game. The real opponents to fear will be those that realise this and come at us. And the second bit I agree with, we can't blame the players. ONLY THE MANAGER. If we aren't lacking in effort and determination then the conclusion has to be that we are lacking in team selection and tactics.

We didn't want to put Danny on the bench but we felt we needed to. We don't want to use Davies in this period when things aren't well.
So you'd rather have someone with a broken nose (that you knew you couldn't use because the doctors would have a fit if you did) on the bench than a young, energetic player who would have fresh legs and perhaps would help turn things around? And regardless of win, draw or loss, every first team game for the lad, even as a sub, would be valuable experience. So you didn't pick him why exactly?? Making no sense there Brian.

I don't ask for anything from the fans. All I want to do is try to get the team up the league.
This is NOT what we want to hear. We want to be roused, we want to be pep-talked, we want to be inspired. "I don't ask for anything" is of no use to anyone, and "I want to try" is typical Brian, meaningless fuzzy language, no real conviction or determination. "I want the fans to sing their hearts out, they're as good as having another player on the pitch" is well used, but that is the kind of thing we want and NEED to hear from the manager.

The whole tone of the interview is that he's frustrated with the football side, and sick of us (the fans). I'd have a great deal more respect for the guy if he came out and said that he'd had enough and then f**ked off, rather than being miserable and out of control of a losing side making backhanded comments to the press about the support - or lack of - from the fans, all the time drawing a salary paid for by those very fans.

DixieDean

i can't believe that a manager of a football team would come out and say "i dont ask for anything from the fans". That just underlines the guy's like of passion and a total lack of understanding of how important passion is to the players and fans!

The only thing I can read into this is he is saying "i don't ask anything of them, so they shouldn't expect anything from me - so if we get beaten don't blame me"...

That's really quite bizarre. The guy really does need to be put out of his misery...and quickly...

M

Matthew The Rover

The Tranmere fans were excellent yesterday. Not many clubs would take 897 fans to Nottingham when they hadn't seen three points for over a month. We chanted for just about 90 minutes and Brian Little's own name was sung on a number of occassions.

C

championship_here_we_come

DixieDean said:
i can't believe that a manager of a football team would come out and say "i dont ask for anything from the fans". That just underlines the guy's like of passion and a total lack of understanding of how important passion is to the players and fans!

The only thing I can read into this is he is saying "i don't ask anything of them, so they shouldn't expect anything from me - so if we get beaten don't blame me"...

i found thatto be the case aswell so why doesnt he just fcuk off

P

pablo

Let's give Jim Harvey a chance!

BL's style is too negative. We need some passion back in the club to get us into the Championship where I believe we should be!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be fair though... NBDH missed out the part where Brian said that the fans pay to see the games and of course they should be able to shout at the team and manager and that they would take that.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I did read that too but my first post had gotten quite long enough already, so I chose not to comment on it - but damn right the fans can have a shout when the manager or a ref or a player or anyone else stuffs up, else how will they know not only that they've messed up but also that we care about it. Brian's whole tone is of a grumble about the fans, trying to force out nicer things but still muttering under his breath.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
"We were 1-0 down with 10 minutes left and wanted to play 4-3-3. We can't play Sam in any other position than right wing so we had to take him off.
Does this man not realise how utterly ridiculous that sounds? Aiston is a professional footballer who can play on either the right or left, and can pass and tackle. For ten minutes you would reasonably expect any pro footballer to play anywhere on the pitch if need be, from centre back to centre forward.

Last-ten-minute desperate formation changes as Brian has been doing just show that he's not got it right to begin with. Few managers change the system two or three times during a game, but Brian will do that out of hand. It can't be good for the players getting shaken up all the time, not being able to focus and excel at one position in one formation, and instead being asked to play in different positions in different formation and surrounded by different players - in the space of a single match!! He's concerned that the team hasn't gelled properly and I think we're looking at the explanation for that right there.

And if any further proof was needed, how often do we concede in the last ten minutes. Partly that's because the situation by then is always 'let's hold on' rather than 'let's go at them and peg them back', but it's also because it's a lot harder to concentrate on doing a job if you've just been switched from one to another.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I thought he could play left wing as well???