• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Andy Mangan Leaves :(

Player
Nixon
is going back to Shrews in the next few days.

has been told by GB that he doesn't fit into his team, and he doesn't want to go.

Always gives 100% for me and knows where the net is.

sad day

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This is another example of GB not knowing what he is doing. Injuries aside we have a player capable of scoring goals. At home against Alty GB brought Mangan on in a position he has never played in his career I.e. On the left, and he looked hopeless and was not happy by all accounts.

Mangan like the rest of us will have seen that's apart from Norwood of late, we are toothless. Yesterday was a prime example of the tactics needing changing in the 2nd half and going with 2 up top. GB has shipped out Margetts which was a big mistake and clearly has no faith in Stockton as he only gave him 10 minutes. To compound his ridiculous tactics, our only goal threat of late in Norwood was put out on the left and ended up tracking back at times. You don't see Leicester putting Vardy on the left as he is their main goal threat. Not entirely the same but you get my point.

I've decided now that GB definately should go. I know he won't yet, but his tactics and selections are poor and he doesn't have any plan B. There is a whole list of mistakes including those above but others e.g. Bringing kirby back who will have got confidence from his spell at Stockport and now probably won't. Bet he wishes he was still there.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Sad indeed.
Know a few Shrews fans and they will be delighted if it happens.
Norwood is going to have to bust a gut as lone striker every game and heaven help us if he gets injured.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If this is true and apparently it was on Wirral radio then it just sums up Brabin for me totally clueless, even more so when he says Taylor-Fletcher has played well and he wants him to stay

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't worry folks, we have Stockton! Pathetic..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Don't worry folks, we have Stockton! Pathetic..

Wouldn't have been so bad yesterday if he had paired Stockton with Norwood but moved Norwood out wide

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting comments on the website about Andy's departure. Appears it simply came down to footballing reasons. Mangan is 29 and wants to play as much as possible. GB couldn't guarantee him game time (which is madness when you consider how we have struggled for goals apart from Norwood).

An 18 month contract at Shrews is good for him so good luck. I just wish GB could see what he is letting go:

Andy Mangan said: "At 29 years old, I want to be playing 90 minutes of football on a regular basis and the gaffer could not guarantee that I would get that at Tranmere. Shrewsbury made an approach for me and offered an 18 month contract and the chance to be involved in League 1, which was an opportunity which was too good to miss. I had a long chat with the gaffer about it and he agreed that he would not stand in the way of me going. Any talk of there being a fall out is absolute nonsense – we get on very well and I have every confidence that he will lead the team to a play-off place. I would like to thank the Tranmere fans for giving me such a warm welcome to the Club and I will be rooting for them for promotion."

Gary Brabin said: "We will be sorry to see Andy go but it was obviously a very tempting offer for him and I could not commit to what Shrewsbury were offering. We are letting him go because I think it is only fair to do the right thing by the player, rather than keeping him in a role where he is getting frustrated, which doesn’t help the Club. I have been trying to strengthen our squad and continue to look for players who will compliment those players we have and, in particular, provide support for James Norwood up front."

A Club spokesman said: "It is unfortunate that inaccurate reports of this being a done deal were leaked to the press many days before a transfer had actually been agreed. As a Club, we try to be professional and not comment on individual players whilst negotiations are going on, but try to be as transparent as we can, as quickly as we can, as soon as deals are done. The Club would like to thank Andy for his contribution to the Club during his time here and wish him all the best for the future.

drwhoman

GB reckons we can claw back the points. Mangan goes. Which planet is he on! Saw Aldo score for Liverpool Legends in Sydney last night. Sigh!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's hard to understand Brabin's inability to accommodate Mangan in his line-up. While he creates less than Norwood, his conversion rate is much better and he's less volatile. The targetted replacement has apparently turned us down too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Considering we can't buy a goal at times we should be playing our goalscorers. Norwood and Mangan. Doesn't really make any sense. Mangans done alright though jumping up a few divisions. Will he be getting 90 min games and regular football at Shrewsbury?

Norwood needs help up there.

Drwhoman, we haven't had a quality goalscorer since Aldo!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yep. And don't forget Lowe. 19 goals in a poor side. Like him or loathe him

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They were OK but nothing quite like 221 games 138 goals. Plus the two he scored at Swindle!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
John Clayton and Colin Clarke were not bad in my second season supporting Rovers.

However, Muiry is my favourite Rovers striker of all time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well what a surprise. Mangan playing tonight away at Cardiff in the cup. Starts up front with a complementary big man in Scott Vernon.

He's just scored with the shrews winning 1-0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well what a surprise. Mangan playing tonight away at Cardiff in the cup. Starts up front with a complementary big man in Scott Vernon.

He's just scored with the shrews winning 1-0

Of course, we were told on Thursday night he was no great loss as he had not scored for three months.

Actually playing him helps.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Of course, we were told on Thursday night he was no great loss as he had not scored for three months.

Actually playing him helps.

playing him as a centre forward rather than out wide is a good idea too. cant get in the starting line up for us yet starts for a team 2 leagues higher and is fit enough too start what a surprise

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very interesting. He was an unused sub for us at Lincoln, but suppose he was eligible as didn't feature. Given the striker difficulties we've got atm, makes Brabin's judgement in this area even more suspect.