• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

American Trialist - Patrick Lane

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Just been on Tranmere website and it doesn't sound good for Lane anyone see the game?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
From all the reports on the game I have read, sounds like he had a stinker and should be swimming back across the Atlantic some time soon! Responsible for the 2nd and 3rd goals, although fellow trialist George Abbey and Stefan Hansen hardly covered themselves in glory either in front of him by the sounds. But of course, I'm taking all this from a second hand source but I don't think he's the answer to our dilemma anyway.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I heard exactly the same - wonder if we have the same person providing us with info? :cool:

Abbey always was useless, always will be. Couldn't get a game for Crewe last year. No thanks. I had higher hopes for the other two, alas.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Quite possibly. He always sounded dodgy the keeper from the moment i read about how he arrived here (a mate of Barnes' who has a son who is a keeper - pull the other one). Let's look at proper players please Digger!

As for Abbey, seen him a few times at his various clubs and never has he impressed. Not good enough for Vale or Crewe, please. Why was he given a chance - or were we so desperate on numbers for the games tonight???

Not sure we'll see any of the trialists again. The keeper, hansen, abbey or Riley a lad from spurs (right back apparently who didn't impress the faithful at Heswall) - maybe 1 or 2 might feature on Saturday but sure there may well be others coming in as well. I'll be going to Prenton for the Preston game so will be able to see first hand the players and give a proper opinion anyway.