• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

afc fylde v rovers

Player
aldo
fucking bollock em micky bloody joke are they still pissed from last night . oh great now macc are winning

M

Mal

Oh well, better to get the bad game out of the way on first of 2018. Can always hope a Barrow-style recovery happens.

Player
aldo
with aldershot winning and dover leading the good work of the last few weeks is being destroyed

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Davies injured, partly culpable for a couple of the goals. Shocking defending for all three. Balance of the team is not right with Cole giving no width on the right hand side.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Whatever the result, need to show more fight in the second half, but no red cards, please. DMH needs replacing as Cole clearly can’t cut it wide right.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That is a very bad half! Let’s restore some pride second half.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Only conceded 20 all season then we concede five in one game. Bad day all round. Put it to bed and move on..

M

Mal

Well blow me down, Dover, Wrexham, Sutton, Borehamwood and Dagenham all only ended up with a point each so things could have been worse.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Utter, absolute garbage.
No one came out of that with any credit.
Macca didn't do much wrong but so many players didn't turn up.
Might have been the heavy pitch that persuaded MM to bring Rides back but that was only a small part of the problem.
No width on right, particularly first half, Sutton hero to zero given his dire distribution (though he wasn't alone in that respect).
The reverse fixture syndrome hits us again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded grim listening on the radio. All of their goals coming from some sort of Rovers mistake. We need a player capable of playing wide right and that shouldn't be CJ, given how well he's done deployed centrally. The radio exempted McNulty and Connor Jennings from criticism, perhaps you could extend that to the subs, who improved things a little, still a large number of below par performances.

While it's good that some of the sides above us dropped points, because of our poor start, can't afford any more games like this one. Macclesfield won at Halifax playing without a recognised right-back and with second choice keeper, ex-Rover Sam Ramsbottom in the net, they don't look like imploding.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That. Was. Awful.

My first away game for a while and whilst I expected goals, I didn't think we'd concede 5. First half was a shambles. No width. Ridehalgh looked rusty and no idea why he played in what was going to be a tough game. Cole offered nothing and was a passenger and Buxton clearly won't pass to him.

We were out battled in the middle of the park particularly and I thought Harris should have come on earlier. Front 2 worked hard but no service altho if cook had finished the one on one at 4-1 it could have been interesting. But every time they came forward they looked scoring. Almost felt that Fylde didn't have to play that well to score 5 goals.

A grim day made worse by Davies limping off and piling whilst making a decent save, kicking poorly and not filling me with confidence.

Only one game but you worry about the effects going forward. The width options once again need sorting

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Davies has ruptured his groin so will be out for a fair while, Wirral Radio reckon Mangan going to Oldham, McEevrley and Dunn been told to look for new clubs

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Did Banks get sent off aswell? Said on Sky Sports that he received 2 yellows?