• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

afc fylde v rovers

Player
aldo
Well wat a month we have had. Same again please hoping theres no injuries i would keep the same team again .we are taking1350 fans witch is amazing .. a win of eney type will do but if we score 4 again that has to be a tranmere record and will also be six games with three or more goals in that must also be a record .and jennings we wont more .

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think some people overstated how good Fylde were in the reverse fixture on Boxing Day. While they did knock the ball round well, we were actually quite pedestrian for periods of that game and allowed them time and space in midfield. In addition, as we went two goals up quite early in the game, they were able to take risks and push both full backs forward which inevitably caused us some problems. It is my feeling that if we keep Rowe quiet we are by far the better side and will win the game. Remarkably, Fylde's second best player, Sam Finley, misses out again through suspension after getting sent off at Maidenhead yesterday.

All of that said, we have had a very heavy schedule which may take its toll on us. Being superstitious, we also seem to perform poorly in front a of a big away crowd, the defeat to Macclesfield exactly a year ago being an obvious example.

I expect we will start with an unchanged team, with Cole on the right of a 442.

Prediction: some infiltration of the home stands by the SWA and a narrow Rovers victory.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Didn't go to the home game, won't be at this, but Fylde managed a win at Maidenhead yesterday (where we lost), so unsure what to expect. I suppose the first question is whether there is any risk of postponement due to the weather, significant rain forecast. We don't want a fixture backlog, so hope it goes ahead.

My inclination would be to replace Cole with one of Harris/Kirby as I think whoever occupies the wide-right slot will have more to do defensively than v Guiseley. It wouldn't surprise me to see an unchanged side though.

Thinking a draw here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think the line up will be unchanged barring any injuries but I'm more concerned whether the game will be on.

I'm about an hour away in North Yorkshire and its lashing down, really heavy and is forecast to for the next few hours.

If I were a betting man i'd say it won't go ahead but hope I'm wrong

Player
Manager
John King
The forecast says it will be dry tomorrow morning until 2pm so hopefully it will be ok.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rain has died off the last hour or two so fingers crossed

Player
Manager
John King
Forty mile per hour winds now forecast for 3pm tomorrow...........

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
First of 4 away games in January, will be a tricky game but think we will win 2 1.

Happy new year to everyone lets hope 2018 brings promotion

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
In Bradley's now and they're operating a "one in one out policy" on the door.
Queues outside.
We ain't moving now!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm surprised about Clarke being dropped for Ridehalgh, unless there's some truth in the talk that he's moving on. Also surprised that McDonough preferred to Kirby on the bench, after Jake had a decent cameo on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Probably resting Clarke.

Player
Manager
John King
Subs are sensible and cover all areas. Clarke is sensibly being rested and is going nowhere.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You brought our attention to a remark of Micky’s that Clarke didn’t need resting. Unsure what’s changed. Ridehalgh is a decent option though.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Aldershot got a late winner in their derby at Woking, which had 9 minutes stoppage time at the end.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers losing, seem to struggling a bit with the conditions.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Now 2-0 down and the radio suggests Rovers players falling out with each other