• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

ACCRINGTON

drwhoman

The injury to Tom Bender was such a shame particularly when the boys were playing well and Mustafa had a goal. Still at Les has rightly said, the health of the young lad is the important thing and it is right that the game was called off. What is it about games with Stanley?! I was pleased to hear that Tom is ok and that they are just keeping him in overnight for observation.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah the right decision and glad the lad is ok.

Will be interesting to hear from anyone that went but glad Tiriyaki got his goal and Joss sounded like he did well providing the freekick for the first goal and being involved in the 2nd. Surely now Les will put him in ahead of Weir. Also sounds like Jose did ok albeit they only played not even a whole 45mins.

Gives Les a couple of dilemmas ahead of a tough trip to the Valley.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
We were playing well and did not deserve to go behind. The lads kept going and once we equalised there was only going to be one winner.

The incident involving Bender was unpleasent and it was immediately obvious how serious it was. Credit were its due to the Tranmere fan who let it be known was a Doctor and went on the pitch to give aid. Have NO FRIGGEN idea why it took ages for the ambulance to come and both sets of fans became equally frustrated as we watched the lad being given oxygen and being placed on a drip. Nobody wanted the game to continue and it would have been totally inappropriate for that to have happened. Sometimes football is completely put in perspective.

Glad the lad is going to be ok, when he was lying there not moving a number of people around me began to fear the absolute worst. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with him and his family.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, it is good news that the lad appears to have come through unscathed.

It did not seem appropriate to comment on the game last night, but I thought we were terrific, Akins and Baxter in particular. Labadie was also good and will now presumably replace the suspended Welsh on Saturday.

Tiryaki took his goal well and I would start with him at Charlton. Great own goal from Zoum as well, one of the best (or worst) you will ever see, and actually Accrington's only shot on goal before the game was abandoned.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Tiryaki took his goal well and I would start with him at Charlton. Great own goal from Zoum as well, one of the best (or worst) you will ever see, and actually Accrington's only shot on goal before the game was abandoned.
Bad news for Mustafa. Having finally scored his first senior goal, it will now not count! Ditto for Ash Taylor, who would have been our leading goalscorer! Good news however for Zoum - his effort will also be expunged from the records!

Yes, I'd expect Labadie and Tiryaki to keep their places, but as Robbo and Devaney are still unfit, I'd expect Raven and McGurk to return.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The right decision to abandon, none of the player's hearts would be fully in it after seeing what happened to the Accrington youngster. Great news that it wasn't as serious as feared.

As to the game, hopefully Mustafa will gain some confidence from the fact he did score at this level. In regard to Sparky's comments about midfield, over the season thus far Weir has been a better player than Labadie, though no reason both can't play at Charlton as Welsh serves his ban.

Finally, good to give Ash the captaincy now his confidence is back. Along with Robbo he is one of the most vocal players on the park.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah pleased for Ash being a local lad who recently had some criticism, which he has responded well to.

As for Weir/Joss, Robbie apart from starting the season ok, has gone well off the boil in recent weeks, not contributing anything significant IMO.

Joss even playing at the same level of performance should be ahead of Weir as he can score goals (and take a set piece).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Weir and Joss have scored the same number of goals, arguably Robbie's were more significant as the one against Chesterfield was the difference between winning and drawing.

I agree Labadie is the more talented, but he doesn't apply himself to make best use of this. Also agree Weir hasn't done so well in recent games, but that may be a consequence of the different midfield roles he's been required to play. Welsh hasn't been consistent either and Robbo's absence is having a much more detrimental impact than expected.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I even wonder if Joss is actually that talented. More and more I'm beginning to see him as a good athlete, but an average footballer, with a very bad attitude. Prefer Weir, but expect both to play in the next game.

Labadie has 4 goals in 38. If being a goal threat is one of his main strengths, then God help him...and us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with the point about his bad attitude. As for goals, we don't get enough from our midfield or our strikers!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
For 39 minutes on Tuesday Labadie looked the box to box midfielder he should be given his natural attributes. He is not as cultured as Weir or Robbo, but I still think he is a good player, and a lot of his problems seem to be mental.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we should not accept a goal just start the game again properly

DIW

Player
Goodison
Nice gesture but we should not accept it under any circumstances.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Chesterfield away

.. and our reward, if we win, is a trip to Chesterfield. Not the easiest tie, but not the toughest. I'd like to see us go for the JPT this season.