• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They've got a great team now Lincoln and have gone from a team reliant on long balls to carthorse Rhead to a slick, passing team. Cowley is doing a great job.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Judging by reports, I still think Lincoln are pretty direct and physical in their approach, but certainly have a different class of player to the team which beat us to the National League title a couple of years ago. I would argue their squad was a lot poorer than ours back then.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After years in the doldrums, Lincoln City are one of the best run, best financed and best supported clubs in Leagues One and Two. However, I believe a huge proportion of their recent growth and success is down to the Cowley brothers and I wonder what will happen when eventually they move on. While TRFC would find MM difficult to replace, I think Danny Cowley's departure would hit the Imps harder.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
We're made up with the cup money we've received this season, Imps got to quarter finals two years back? Serious money.
Kudos to Cowleys for remaining loyal when there must have been offers on the table.
Have stopped refreshing Twitter every 5 mins for Nors news. It seems there's no planned discussions with him til transfer window closed.
He was back to his best at Cheltenham, I believe for the cause rather than the shop window.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lincoln have signed Cian Bolger for a fee, a decent defender and loaned two players from Championship sides, one being the other Danny Rowe. Shows what we're up against financially.

They sold over 6000 season tickets in the summer and have quite a large average attendance

Player
Manager
John King
The Lincoln story is an interesting one, as their dramatic increase in attendances was almost entirely the result of their FA Cup run in 2016-17. Prior to that season they had averaged 2,500 for a number of years; now their average is 8,000 plus.

It is unusual for a club to turn casual supporters into regular fans on the back of a handful of matches, but Lincoln have managed it. Shades of what happened at Rovers in the late Eighties.

Player
aldo
its great for them but unlike us who have two huge clubs on our door step . they dont so most of there fans are there for them . so good on em . but look at rovers last season we had 1800 st ticket holders and this season 3500 so we are doing ok i think its 19% increase on our avg home crowds this season . again tomorrow gonna be healthy already 5100 pre sales so gonna be nearing 6k again

Player
Manager
John King
AM, I was not comparing Lincoln's crowds to our own, I was just emphasising that there is a special chemistry at that club at the moment between owners, manager and supporters which is unusual in football, and is similar to what we had with Kingy thirty years ago.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
AM, I was not comparing Lincoln's crowds to our own, I was just emphasising that there is a special chemistry at that club at the moment between owners, manager and supporters which is unusual in football, and is similar to what we had with Kingy thirty years ago.
RLC, but don't you feel it's a little bit like that now at TRFC? Gates are on the up - season tickets and casual, away support is strong, links with the community are better than ever, SWA2 has taken off, we have our most popular manager in about 20 years and it's all led by one of the most respected men in football and surely our most popular ever owners.

Player
Manager
John King
RLC, but don't you feel it's a little bit like that now at TRFC? Gates are on the up - season tickets and casual, away support is strong, links with the community are better than ever, SWA2 has taken off, we have our most popular manager in about 20 years and it's all led by one of the most respected men in football and surely our most popular ever owners.
Yes, but as I said, I am not comparing our present situation with Lincoln's..........

Our crowds have increased, but not by 400%. We are having success, but not our greatest success in a generation. We are still below the level we were playing at five years ago.

By contrast, Lincoln are arguably having the most successful period in their history, so what is happening there is more comparable to our situation in the eighties, when crowds went from 1,500 to 8,000 virtually overnight, and the whole profile of the club was radically changed in a few years.

Of course, we have a better recent history than Lincoln's, so we have further to go to recapture the glory days of the nineties and early noughties.

Player
aldo
i think we are having some thin special . the crowds are up the buzz around the ground is great . we have very good owners and manager . all positive . but yes Lincoln,s is great . its great that two clubs are having a bit of boom time . shame more good clubs cant follow what both teams are doing . us and lincoln can both show other owners that doing things the right way is a good way of doing things. there are loads of clubs like macc . bolton . the hartleppol .chester . orient all run bad or had bad owners . it just goes to show what the palioses and the trust are doing for us at the mo are all in the right way. and what the lincoln,s owners and managers are doing as well

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There is a long way to go but we are certainly moving in the right direction. When I look back at the many bleak years we suffered topped off by relegation out of the football league, they were some dark, dark days. The club was dying and rotten inside. Look at the difference a few years later. Long may it continue. The crowds have been amazing really, even in the conference as poor as the football was, we were getting decent gates.

Player
aldo
one thing i like at the games is seeing so much kids in the ground loads of mums and dads in all in there footie shirts . we need more of it the little ones are the clubs future . we need to get into more schools and get more youngsters into the ground . my little one loves going and we have taken her little mate a few times and even she nages her dad about going week in week out . the more the club can do now gives them a better future .

Player
ian goodison
hi AM I went to a players signing day a couple of years ago with my 2 grandsons and got talking to mark/Nicola palios he asked how long I had been coming to rovers and said it was the harry Leyland days anyway I said mark played for rovers what position they asked inside forward came the reply after some translation they worked out he played centre mid in new money as others have said we may not be top of the league but were in safe hands

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Talk of a press conference this afternoon, I wonder if this is going to announce a new arrival.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well not quite, but we have Mellon for another 2 years so that's good news!