• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle v Rovers

Carlisle v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Brunton Park
Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great result. Really pleased Mullin got on the scoresheet and what a goal too!

It's been a superb start to the season.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I disagree Sparky. I think Mellon was spot on with his comments, and he is entitled to respond if he thinks he is receiving unjust criticism.

Richard Garnett, who is usually ok, criticised the passing, claiming that we kept giving the ball away. I found that utterly bizarre to be honest. Mellon responded by saying that we were a bit ragged for the last twenty minutes of the first half, but good for the rest of the game, which is exactly how I saw it.

We were much better today than the previous two games.

Well I am not so sure it was that bizarre. I wasn't there but I listened live on I Follow and the commentators were very negative about our performance in the first half describing exactly what the interviewer described which was poor passing, unable to keep the ball, lack of quality etc. Having now watched the highlights we looked good going forward but defensively we weren't great. MM seemed to think we were very good which I think is perhaps a bit optimistic. All that said was a very good result!

joe

Mullin does have to start. He has more energy and drive than the lumbering Stockton.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well I am not so sure it was that bizarre. I wasn't there but I listened live on I Follow and the commentators were very negative about our performance in the first half describing exactly what the interviewer described which was poor passing, unable to keep the ball, lack of quality etc. Having now watched the highlights we looked good going forward but defensively we weren't great. MM seemed to think we were very good which I think is perhaps a bit optimistic. All that said was a very good result!
Having watched the entire ninety five minutes, I can only say there was nothing wrong with our passing, other than in the period Mellon highlighted himself. I am not sure I would trust the judgement of the Ifollow commentators (still the volunteers I think ?) above Mellon's.

Either way, it was a strange line of questioning from a journalist when we had just won away from home, at a team in form, with the manager's substitutions playing a key part in the victory. By all means highlight the disappointing aspects of the performance, but would not it have been better to start the interview with a couple of positive comments first, given the context ?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
What an enjoyable away day that was! From the brink of 0-1 down to 1-0 up in the blink of an eye. Really dramatic game and fantastic support from the SWA. They don't come much better than that! The substitutions made a massive difference with game changing energy injected by Smith and Mullin. If either of them don't start next week they will have every right to be pretty pi**ed off but I'm sure they both will.

drwhoman

I was looking at the Carlile pen. What a joke decision. A 50/50 ball with the forward running at pace. Justice was served!