• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hearing Elliot Embleton from Sunderland is likely to come down on loan.

Another one with potential but played only twice for Sunderland and one of those as an injury-time sub. He's had experience with England U19s, but Luke Pilling's example suggests that might not count for much. About Jay Harris size.

Don't mind, if we are also looking to use some of the Norburn monies to bring in some more experience.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another one with potential but played only twice for Sunderland and one of those as an injury-time sub. He's had experience with England U19s, but Luke Pilling's example suggests that might not count for much. About Jay Harris size.

Don't mind, if we are also looking to use some of the Norburn monies to bring in some more experience.
Yes, I still think we are going to be light in the centre of midfield. Banks and Harris are bound to get injured / banned at some stage and then we will be relying on untested kids in a key position.

Player
aldo
god some people . i am sure the others will start scoring its not just gonna be him . . enjoy a win and a great goal . more important is getting him a new deal

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It’s Fortunate Ian that Nors doesn’t miss many games but it’s a valid point. Last season we had cookie obviously and CJ chipped in with a few so those 2 probably got 35 between them.

It’s obvious we need more goals from our wingers and central midfielders, especially in a 4-4-2.

Let’s just enjoy Saturday tho for now/

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with Sparky and Ian re. Norwood. Smith scored a lot of goals at his previous club and we know Cole is capable of weighing in with a few, so hopefully they will come. I think it suits us best at the moment to play Jennings wide, but I don't think he will score many from that position. His goal burst last season came when he played as a number ten.

On the subject of goalscorers, Alabi is yet to register for Orient and the Os fans are already talking of the need to find a better partner for Bonne........

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Suspect that any deal for a midfielder or striker may go on hold to get defensive back up in.

We’re missing Buxton, Rides and now Sutton with a suspected broken leg and Zoom wth a calf injury. The latter may not be serious but Micky may choose to spend spare cash on a defender

Player
Manager
John King
I still think we need to strengthen the attack and midfield rather than the defence, if we are forced to make a choice for financial reasons. I am not sure that Zoum will be out for very long and we actually have good numbers at the back, but have been unfortunate with a rash of injuries.

We have got four defenders out injured but we can still field a back four. If we had similar injuries in the centre of midfield, or at centre forward, we would be buggered.

Last edited:
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Gumbs also injured so five currently out, seems to be painfully ironic over the years that whenever we have the luxury of cover we’re denied it almost instantly! The goalkeeping position is the exception so far this season!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would agree that other areas need strengthening before the defence. Spellman the youngster was on the bench last night, is he primarily a defender?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ironically, after complaining he had signed too many defenders, Micky has an easy choice on Saturday. Caprice, Ellis, McNulty and Monthe are all he has left. The other five are injured.

But I agree with RLC that midfield and up front should take priority, even if we have to play a youngster, play a senior pro out of position or even change the formation.

Player
aldo
yep midfield and up front need bolstering . not sure on mullin and cole needs to get a couple of goals and work harder . they should look at how hard noors works

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
DMH linked with a return to the club. Where this would leave the likes of Tollit and Larnell Cole remains to be seen (if is true of course)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Liked DMH, but a wide player would not be the top of my recruitment list atm.

Player
Manager
John King
Micky was upbeat in his interview today and confirmed that he does have money to spend. It sounds like two or three players could arrive in the next few days.

Player
Manager
John King
Liked DMH, but a wide player would not be the top of my recruitment list atm.
Micky used him as a wing back in a 532 at times. I wonder if that is why he is interested in him, to give us that flexibility while the full backs are unavailable ?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Micky was upbeat in his interview today and confirmed that he does have money to spend. It sounds like two or three players could arrive in the next few days.
The sooner the better. If one of them can be DMH, I for one will be delighted. He's versatile and can also play effectively as a wing back. But the priorities are a striker and a holding player.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he's exhausted the striker options and we've pretty much got to get on with it in that department. A decent midfielder wouldn't go amiss.