• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

shots v rovers

Player
aldo
Its a massive game this one. We realy need to win this one .even if archer comes in he has to bee on the bench . Would keep same 11 . An go for 4wins in 5 in all competitions . Hope jennings an norrs can score again or cookie can start finding some form . Going to this one and the pools to so hears to 6 poins .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This will be a chance to see whether Halifax was a sustainable improvement or a flash in the pan. A defeat would be a setback, but I'd be content with a draw. I wouldn't call it a "must win" game at this stage.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Generally, if the team has done well MM goes with the flow so I doubt any changes.
A draw would maintain morale.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think it is true to describe the Halifax game as a one-off as we have been improving for three or four matches now, particularly since the formation switch. However, I agree that this game is a bigger test of our credentials.

Aldershot were arguably the best side we played last season, but have been almost as inconsistent as Rovers this year and sit just three points ahead of us. That said, they are a decent footballing side with pace and mobility and this will be a tough game, not least because one of our chief tormentors last season, Bernard Mensah, is back from injury. I personally would start Harris ahead of Hughes in this match to give more protection to the back four, who struggled against the Shots last season. Elsewhere, I would leave the team unchanged.

With a visit to a rejuvenated Hartlepool to follow on Tuesday, I would be delighted if we could get four points from the next two games. Prediction: too close to call, with about 3-400 SWA in attendance.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
For no real reason I just think we will win this 2 1 norwood & norburn

Player
aldo
I have had a right go at mm . I will admit that. But credit when credits due. We have played realy well last 4 games . Mey be just mey be. We are over are playoff hangover. And getting going . I will big up are brilliant youth . And are brilliant team . I love my football an my club . And will go home and away 90%of the time . The fans are magnificent . Me an freinds are heading to aldershot tomorrow we are there for 4 days then at pools on tuesday as said b4 . 6 points hear we come

Player
aldo
Cheers cowshed. Realy lookin forward to Saturday we are travelling down tomorrow and coming back Sunday . Boys weekend away an when we win saturday is gonna be messy . Cant wait

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
At the start of the season, I thought the Shots, along with Dagenham would have been the main contenders for the automatic play-off spot, Rovers aside. None of us have done as well as expected.

Even without the returning Mensah, who is thought unlikely to be fit enough to last the full ninety, our hosts have a decent attack with McLure, Rendell and former loanee Fenelon capable of hitting the back of the net. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet and playing a back four, as I expect, could leave us exposed. Don't expect any changes to the Halifax line-up.

Prediction: Anything from this game would be a good outcome. Thin we might grab a point in a score-draw, but not confident.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There’s a suggestion Buxton is missing this one. Duggan at right-back would be a better option than moving Sutton to right-back and recalling McEveley, but can see Mellon going for the latter.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cook on the bench, Buxton and ridehalgh both injured, replaced by duggan and Clarke. Looks like a 451 and seems like we are satisfied with a point......

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Slightly disappointing as results with 4-4-2 recently have been good. Yes aldershot away isn't easy but their home form isn't great this season so I hope it's not a negative move hoping for a point.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Feel a bit uneasy about this line-up, though a point would not be a bad result.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Disappointed to see Cookie benched again.
Away from home you'll always look, at some stage, to the outlet of a big lad up front.
If Nors is expected to lead the line solo then that's on the verge of abuse. Talk about flogging a willing horse.
And.... he'll get frustrated....his temper will spill.. ..yellow card at best.
Suppose it could be 442 with Hughes and DMH out wide with CJ up top?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well, at least whenever we have scored first this season we've won. Hope this run continues!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
And a Hughes corner to boot.
Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
Suppose making them remember the tricks is the hard bit!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Wirral Radio suggesting we are time wasting already.
Heaven forbid a team should do that in first half