• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Fourth qualifying round

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with the general gloomy sentiment about this one. I remember the 0-5 home defeat that season featuring one of the worst performances in a Rovers shirt I've ever seen by Steve Foster, who was subbed at half-time and don't think played professional football again.

It will be interesting to gauge ourselves against a L1 side, who as drwhoman says aren't in the best of form, but will take something out of the ordinary to see us progress.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
AM.... don't know you mate ......but if Looney Tunes did footie fans you'd be Tasmanian Devil

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well that couldnt have gone any worse..

Player
aldo
Just look at are last 4 games against posh we have lost 5-0 twice 3-0 an i think 3.1 . But we will win there some time lets take thousands an cheer the boys to a big win i will if i can get a ticket be there. Support the boys you never know .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Five nil defeat on our last visit in the Cup. I think they beat us five nil and three nil in the two league games that season as well.
... then no expectations, no pressure, nothing to lose. A narrow defeat would be no tragedy. Anything else would just give us more momentum.

drwhoman

For a change Tranmere will clearly be the underdogs. Time for them to rise up and to show their mettle. They have done it many times in the past albeit when operating at higher levels. We are only talking about a two division gap, Many of our team having played at a higher level and I hope they have something to prove. Not a time to lie down and be belted.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It will be interesting to see how we get on against higher level opposition. I actually think we’ll give a good account of ourselves although worry the defence might be a bit suspect against better teams.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I suppose if we're going to be drawn against someone like Posh, better away than at home.
If we get turned over it'll just be a bad day at office, concentrate on the league etc.
Get beat 2 or 3 nil at home, it's more demoralising and the natives become restless.
Now dust has settled, every confidence we can do ourselves justice.