• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Guiseley v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Game last season ended 2-2, with Rovers being pegged back twice. Guiseley' recent poor form means they haven't secured their NL status yet. Ex Rover Jake Cassidy is serving a ban, preventing him following the tradition of an ex player scoring against us.

Anything less than a win is likely to see Lincoln confirmed Champions tomorrow. This won't be an easy game given the hosts need for the points themselves. Cook, who's in danger of becoming ring rusty to start would be my only change from the Aldershot game.

Really no idea how this game will pan out, hopefully we get 3 points.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agree, Boz. If the team feels flat and just goes through the motions, we could lose. However, I think Guiseley will want to win, so it may be an open game which should favour us. As argued earlier, I'd bring in some fringe players including Cook, who now seems to be one, and start to get Maynard and Wallace match fit.

By the way, does anyone know when Dunn, Steve Jennings and Sutton are likely to be fit again?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Is the White Review Yorkshire representative attending this game ?

I agree with Boz's opening comments. My preference would be to play Maynard for sixty minutes to build up his fitness, then bring Wallace on, but I am not sure whether Lois is capable of playing again so soon. Depending on the performance of the aforementioned two tomorrow, I would try and give Hughes a rest for the Southport game. Cook needs to start to make sure he is at his best for the play-off matches. As well as Stockton has done recently, I am sure most of us agree Andy is the better player and offers more.

For the reasons given above, the outcome is difficult to predict but I really hope we win it to make Lincoln sweat a little longer. It is also vital we finish second, in my opinion.

Apparently we have shipped 800 and something tickets, but have not sold out completely. It is advisable for the SWA to get to the ground early, as other from the seats and the perimeter fence the view is non-existent.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is the White Review Yorkshire representative attending this game ?
No. I've been on Wirral over the Easter period and took the decision
given my terrible record at away games, last saw us win at Stockport, to give it a miss. As it's unlikely to make much difference, perhaps I should have made the effort...

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Up to now I've been of the view 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
There was no lack of energy against FGR and against Shots most still had the legs.
But let's use the next two games to give a few a breather. Hughes, Jennings, Nors for starters. Bring em back in for last match at Maidstone.
Cole is ten times the player he was but let's get Cookie warmed up for the vital two games.
The beauty is that we have a proper manager and ultimately I'm happy to bow to him.
If we blow it and are still playing Wrexham next season i won't be pointing any fingers. MM has made us fell like a united club again.

Player
Manager
John King
I would not think Jennings or norwood need resting as they have not played a full season, certainly the former.

M

Mal

Up to now I've been of the view 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
There was no lack of energy against FGR and against Shots most still

The beauty is that we have a proper manager and ultimately I'm happy to bow to him.
If we blow it and are still playing Wrexham next season i won't be pointing any fingers. MM has made us fell like a united club again.

Absolutely agree on this.

A bit off topic but it seems Ronnie Moore has a long term anti-midas touch. Rotherham lost 37 and relegated. Hartlepool near to relegation to NL with Newport being on a bit of a revival. Best not to mention tranmere.... ;0)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Absolutely agree on this.

A bit off topic but it seems Ronnie Moore has a long term anti-midas touch. Rotherham lost 37 and relegated. Hartlepool near to relegation to NL with Newport being on a bit of a revival. Best not to mention tranmere.... ;0)
Mal, you could argue the converse that these clubs were too hasty in sacking Ronnie and should have kept faith with him. You could certainly argue that both of his sackings by PJ hastened our demise.

M

Mal

Mal, you could argue the converse that these clubs were too hasty in sacking Ronnie and should have kept faith with him. You could certainly argue that both of his sackings by PJ hastened our demise.
Not sure that is completely true. We were treading water with him, and whilst he would make an apple pie out of mashed potatoes and convince everyone it was made with apple, once he left the reality set in that you really do need apples ... to some extent, I think now we are on the way to making apple pie with cinnamon with Micky. Maybe not this season...

And I am not on wacky baccy lol

Player
Manager
John King
I think mals comments re Ronnie are wide of the mark. He was certainly harshly sacked first time around and probably would have kept us up in 13/14 had he been kept on.

Player
Manager
John King
Cook in for Stockton, Wallace for Maynard. Otherwise unchanged. Sensible decision.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, let's hope Lois is OK. Glad to see Jack Dunn is on the bench. Hope he gets some time on the field. If we can wrap up the points early, I'd also like Andy Mangan to get a run out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Surprised at Maynard's absence from the bench unless undisclosed injury as suggested. I cannot see Wallace lasting the 90 minutes and that would require juggling our formation given the lack of sub options.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers trailing to what sounds like a worldie.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Wallace can last, his stamina is quite good its just thats he's pretty slow all round.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, I thought we were kicking off at 4!

Player
Manager
John King
Poor half from rovers against physical opposition. Midfield the problem again, no one to tackle. Has not been much creativity either.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Really poor, and Lincoln are losing too!