• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Shots

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
A rare trip up from the midlands for me and the lad to watch the game yesterday and I agree with most of what's been said.

Our deficiencies in midfield were all too obvious with Aldershot able to break through and put pressure on our defense at will in the first half. Maynard was poor and gave the ball away cheaply, I do wonder if Wallace might have been the better choice to keep hold of the ball and give us more options for playing the ball on the floor.

Norwood doesn't look like scoring but his work rate is second to none, he was my MOTM yesterday and would be the first name on my teamsheet. The challenge for Micky is how to fit Nors, Stockton and Cook into the side. I thought Cook did very well when he came on and looked more comfortable playing the long ball we insisted on playing all day. Mention for Scott Davies too who made some good saves.

Was great to have some atmosphere at PP for once, it's been understandably lacking in recent years. Real buzz around the kop.

I really think the play-offs are a bit of a lottery, regardless of where you finish. It's going to be tough, I thought Aldershot were better than us yesterday and our record against the other top teams is also poor. We're going to need some luck and some mental strength if we're to go up this season. If Micky had been in from day-one it might have been a different story.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Somewhat frustrating but a fair result. Really couldn't understand the oh so familiar time wasting tactics from a team that desperately needed the three points themselves.
Scottie was forced to kick nearly whole game as Shots played high up the field, a front three preventing us from playing out from the back. It was then a case of scrapping for the second ball.
Maynard was clearly ring rusty but prefer to see him in there than Wallace.
It's strange that, as a team, we are looking a bit jaded but individuals like Nors, Jennings and Rides continue to run their socks off.
Buxton's fingerprints may have been on their first goal but he wasn't the only one saying "after you please" to their player. Otherwise an excellent display by him again.
Well taken goal by Stockton but otherwise limited input from him on this occasion. Yes, time for Cookie again.
For me it was a decent gate. People go away for Easter and it was on TV. Non season ticket holders have put their hands in their pockets a lot in the last couple of weeks.
The play offs are a real dilemma.
FGR, Daggers and Shots will all be worried that we are due a win against them and equally Dover, if they make fifth, will be thinking they can't play poorly against us again.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really think the play-offs are a bit of a lottery, regardless of where you finish. It's going to be tough, I thought Aldershot were better than us yesterday and our record against the other top teams is also poor. We're going to need some luck and some mental strength if we're to go up this season. If Micky had been in from day-one it might have been a different story.
Agreed Gray. It certainly is a lottery. Fingers firmly crossed now!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maynard and Hughes saw a fair bit of the ball, it's how they used it that was the weakness. Wallace may have done better with distribution, but given his reluctance/inability to chase down and break up play, suspect that he'd have seen far less of the ball than the other two.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Maynard and Hughes saw a fair bit of the ball, it's how they used it that was the weakness. Wallace may have done better with distribution, but given his reluctance/inability to chase down and break up play, suspect that he'd have seen far less of the ball than the other two.

I agree. I think the focus in the next three games has to be getting Maynard fit enough to compete in the play-off games, as a midfield of Hughes and Wallace is not going to work. We also need to give Cook some time on the pitch and get him firing again.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Passage of time and a few beers today and it's all in a better perspective (hic).
The televised defeat at Sutton was an utter embarrassment.
Imagine being told then that with five games to spare we'd have gauranteed playoffs.
Do you think any of the other playoff hopefulls are looking at us as the easier option? No chance.