• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Was fun while it lasted

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Oh well...thats our auto challenge over with.....and out of the playoffs too, no passion, rudderless, we are gonna be an embarassment on Sunday now...We may not have expected to go up at the start, but when you are 7 points clear in Jan, it is gutting

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Out of the top six, only Bournemouth are winning. Sheff Utd are getting beat 4-0. It's not looking good I'll grant you that, but it's not over yet. A win and you're back up to second. Need to sort themselves out ASAP.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
problem is, next game we could be level with cov and orient, in fact cov would overtake us with the better GD ](*,)

And to be honest Ian, where is our next win coming from? or next goal for that matter? We are in complete freefall

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Out of the top six, only Bournemouth are winning. Sheff Utd are getting beat 4-0. It's not looking good I'll grant you that, but it's not over yet. A win and you're back up to second. Need to sort themselves out ASAP.

Weve lost 7 out of 10, and going back further the last 27 games weve got 33 points. I would love us to finish the season strong and make the playoffs but it just isnt going to happen.

DIW

Player
Goodison

Wake up Ian.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I am all for optimism and we are still in there of course, but confidence must be rock bottom. Gibson must be wondering what he has come back to compared to when he left.

Its great Gibbo is back but 1 player isnt going to stop the rot. If we could magic up wallace, cass, robbo, mcgurk etc then i would be hopeful but it aint gonna happen.

You never know what may happen but i cant see it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You never know what may happen.
No you don't. Robbo will be back soon and if we can win our home games, we still have a chance (we did win our last home game!). Don't give up on them yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ian, Robbo is still two weeks away from returning and will take some time to get to match fitness.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The bottom line is, we now probably need 12 points from 7 games to make the play offs. That is almost two points a game, whereas in the last 7 matches we have averaged one per game.

We did have a burst of form in December / January despite the numerous absentees which, if repreated, would give us the points we need, but we are now showing signs of real fatigue, lacking confidence and defending poorly, and such a run looks unlikely.

Realistically, I think we would need to take 7 points from the next three games to give ourselves a chance.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I wouldn't expect us to get any more than 5 points from the next 3 games.

The one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is the erratic form of other sides around us, coupled with Coventry's likely administration and 10 point deduction.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's not over till that fat lady takes to the mic.

This is football..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It's a bit of a non-debate really. We either find form and make the playoffs or we don't.

It might kind of suit us to be chasing again though, rather than looking over our shoulder. Back to our role as underdogs; 'anything we achieve is a bonus'; little old Tranmere mentality.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I wouldn't expect us to get any more than 5 points from the next 3 games.

The one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is the erratic form of other sides around us, coupled with Coventry's likely administration and 10 point deduction.
The trouble is we may soon be caught by the chasing pack. There are now about 12 teams in with a chance of getting into the top six, maybe more with a sustained run like Yeovil had recently.

We have to raise our game for the next 10 games (7 league plus hopefully 3 play-offs). Ronnie has a job on his hands. The point is that if he fails, we should not hold him or te players to blame. If he succeeds, he deserves a knighthood.

Player
Liam Palmer
If Swindle beat Yeovil by two clear goals tonight, we're back in the play-off places!!!

Player
Liam Palmer
Ha ha, back up to 6th without kicking a ball. You couldn't make it up. At this rate we'll get promoted!

Keep the faith!

M

Mal

Woopy doo, second goal in time added on moved us back to playoffs. And MK dons lost.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We're going up!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant.

And I refer all the doubters to post no.11

Still plenty more drama to go.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I still don't see it Ian but hope to hell you are right and I am wrong. Still supporting all the way though.