• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Exeter

What will the result against Exeter be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Goodison
After the disaster that was Tuesday night, Rovers can count themselves as all but down if they don't win this one. Les has to revert to 4-4-2 and drop a few of his favourites - McLaren, Broomes, Curran etc

Team I would play:

Daniels

Edds McCready Goodison Bakayogo

Barnett Labadie Welsh Mahon

ITM Savage

If McCready is unfit Taylor should play at centre back over Broomes, in fact anyone should play at centre back over Broomes!

Predicted Line up:

Daniels

Edds Broomes Goodison Bakayogo

Welsh Taylor McLaren

Curran ITM Shuker

Exeter's top 3 scorers are:

Harley 9
Stansfield 8
Corr 6

They havn't lost in their last 9 games although 6 of those have been draws and arrive at Prenton Park on the back of an impressive 1-1 at Swindon on Monday.

One to watch: Ryan Harley (Number 7) - the midfielder has scored 9 goals this season including 2 goals against Leeds in Exeter's 2-0 win.

Prediction: 2-1 to Rovers - giving the fans hope before inevitable failure!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
They wanted more polls so we've got more polls! Great stuff lads and lasses. I'll get thinking of some more hot topics as and when.

Exeter are the in-form side at the bottom and on current form should get the win. Surely Tranmere have to play better than Tuesday night? Surely?!

Would like to see the lad from West Brom actually given a chance. He had a good goalscoring record when on loan at Shrewsbury and HAS to give more threat than McLaren, and will get about the pitch better as well.

We need more creativity, and although he's far from my fave player, Shuker has to be in the thoughts of Mr Parry. We've simply GOT to win win this game, if we don't it's most definitely curtains.

Where there is faith, there is light and strength!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope to god we win, but I think the bubble has burst. Les cannot now motivate the useless bunch he has and I think they've given up. I hope I'm wrong!

Exeter are 7th in the recent form table. They have drawn 4 and won 2 of their last 6 games. More importantly, they haven't lost.

Rovers are down to 22nd in the table due to their recent poor form. Lost 4 , drew 1 and 1 won of their last 6 games.

Annoyingly, I also think we'll see the same culprits trotting out. Broomes, McLaren etc..

My fear is that if Exeter attack this game just like Wycombe did, we won't stand a chance. Very frail at the moment.

Draw at best.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Given that Exeter have pulled away a bit from the bottom 4 and 6 draws from 9 show they are difficult to beat and they drew at Swindon, I reckon they will come and take a point so will get plenty behind the ball.

Should be different from the Wycombe game then who had to win whereas Exeter dont.

In saying that, they probably think if they come at us right from the off and get in front, they will take the points easily considering our confidence and the crowds reaction.

I would love a real positive 4-4-2 but will be amazed if Les strays from his negative 4-3-3 and the usual suspects barring injuries.

Will be really frustrating if like Wednesday the players dont really try as if we go doin, lets go down with a fight and go for it, as opposed to a whimper

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If I were manager (you can thank your lucky stars I'm not), I'd kick a few backsides by telling them they're not in the team and really shake up the team. We have some good players on the sidelines who I think will be more hungry to succeed.

Team I'd go for (injuries permitting as I think Robinson, Barnett, Sordell and McCready are injury doubts):

Collister
Edds McCready Goodison Bakayogo
Shuker Welsh Labadie Robinson
Thomas-Moore Sordell

Subs: Curran, Savage, Daniels, Cresswell, Barnett, Taylor, Broomes.

Player
Dave Challinor
Um hate to be a spoil sport but hasn't Sordell gone back?

Not sure about Collister since he has lost his Samson Hair, did have a tight hamstring, but agree with the other posts got to be positive 4-4-2 and include Labadie not given the ball away the times i've seen him , could be good alongside Welsh. :-k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Changes have to be made after Tuesday night and surely Labadie and Robinson (if fit) will start in this one.

I am praying for a victory, but it is difficult to be positive when you consider Tuesday night and face the realisation that more than half of the players seem to have adopted the attitude that their contracts are up in a couple of weeks and they are happy to take their wages, take the mick out of the supporters, and watch Rovers go down the swanny.

If I was Les I would be tempted to cancel the contracts of the lot of them now and the play the youth team, but unfortunately in games of such significance that is not possible.

Strange really, that if we do win and Gillingham lose to Leeds we are right back in the hunt, regardless of how dire we have been in the last six weeks.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Get Mahon and Charlie on the ****ing flanks and let's actually try to win this one...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
agree sonkorly got give them a chance and really go for it

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Get Mahon and Charlie on the ****ing flanks and let's actually try to win this one...
are you suggesting we actually try and play some football? off with your head!.. :-$

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Firstly, won't be there Saturday and that's due to something arranged a while back, not the Wycombe debacle.

I thought Les would have learnt something from the poor attitude second half at Walsall, but Tuesday sadly showed otherwise. Exeter don't have to win this game in the way that Wycombe did and may be more content to soak up the pressure (if we can muster any) then hit us on the break. I've voted for a draw in the poll, can't see us winning though the Grecians might sneak it.

Realistically, because of injuries and other absences, it's only really the midfield that there's much scope for change at the moment. Robinson, if fit, can play wide-left or up front, but Swans fans tell me the former is where he is stronger. That does mean a 442=; I'd also like to see Labadie starting and think there could be a role for Mahon, but can't see Barnett coming out of the wilderness.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
we need to play a lot better then we did on tuesday night.the players need to come out and show the fans that they want to stay up i know it easier said then done but they carnt be worse then against wycombe.

the fans have to be patient too as for the other night the booing and the name calling started quite early and it not good for the players.les is the doing the best he can.

lets hope we can play well and get a win.O:)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the fans are doing fine, and we should be worrying less about the fans and more about the team. There's always a minority that will boo early. Most of us just want to see some team effort and willingness to win a game. We all want the same thing, but the players need to start showing this on the pitch.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some team news for you eager beavers:

Tranmere
Andy Robinson should be fit after suffering with a groin injury.
Chris McCready is a doubt with a hamstring injury while Terry Gornell misses out through suspension and Shaleum Logan is unavailable following his hernia operation. However, Craig Curran could again be fit despite his groin problem.

Exeter
Exeter boss Paul Tisdale may recall experienced striker Marcus Stewart.

Corr and on-loan Rotherham striker Ryan Taylor, who made his full debut for the Grecians, were chosen to start at Swindon as Tisdale rotated his strikers - with Stewart and Stuart Fleetwood making way.

Taylor could keep his place after an impressive first start but former Ipswich, Sunderland and Yeovil striker Stewart's experience could be invaluable as City face another six-pointer.

City wait on the fitness of veteran utility player Rob Edwards, ruled out of the last three games by a hamstring injury as they aim to extend their unbeaten run to 10 games.

O

OneNightInGayParis

How do you predict this one? Anything could happen - the variance between beating Norwich and being humbled by Wycombe is enormous. On purely emotional grounds I think we will win to set up further hopes that can then be dashed again. I wouldn't be surprised if we go to Stockport last game with safety out of our own hands with all results going for us but losing and blowing it. It's starting to feel like one of those ...

Still haven't decided whether to make the trip tomorrow yet - not sure if 4 days is sufficient recovery time from Tuesday's disappointment.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not ideal preparation, Luke Daniels and Joe Collister miss out with injury. Daniels has been seriously lacking confidence and not been impressive at all in recent months, possibly a blessing in disguise?

Liverpool keeper Peter Gulusci has been signed to take his place between the sticks.

Hungarian U21 goalkeeper, see his profile off the LFC site: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/player/42-peter-gulacsi

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd say Daniels has won us considerably more points than he's lost us. Viewing the 2nd Wycombe goal again, it distinctly looked like their striker controlled the ball with his hand, though Luke could have done better. It's never a good thing to have to bed in a new keeper with little prep. David Martin did ok, but this Gulusci lad hasn't his experience and this could be very bad news indeed...

drwhoman

Exeter game

Gulaci has been good for the Pool reserves apparently. Had a brilliant game in the 1-0 loss to United on Monday but we will see. The view seems to be that he has top flight potential unlike Martin who has been farmed out a few times. I would imagine he will leave Pool if someone makes an offer - been playing well at Derby apparently. Clough jnr likes him. I agree that it is never easy for a team in this situation but Rovers problem is at the other end of the park - they cannot score goals partly due to lack of creativity in the middle. Mahon and Barnett but really have been rude to Les (you are only the physio?) when Mclaren and others simply do not deliver every week. The goals for column is almost the worst in the Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.