• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 3-1 Brentford

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
So the season ends with a comfortable 3-1 win. Craig Curran hat trick... made up for the lad and hopefully a sign of things to come for next season. We have finished in that lucky 9th position anyway. So lets hope that means promotion for the next season again. It worked for Luton, Colchester and Scunthorpe I think.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi Joe. Yes, 9th it is, and like you say, the lucky 9th! Good day out today, hope everyone that went enjoyed it. Delighted for Curran. What a way to make your mark. Great goals. Especially his third, very good goal and I do hope we see more of him next season. Seems to know where the goal is and isn't afraid to shoot. The young lad worked his socks off today and was delighted for him.

The game was over in the first half really. Brentford as you can imagine were quite poor. Defensively, they were awful really. They had a few more chances in the second half but not too much for Hinchcliffe to worry about.

The Brentford fans seemed to be having a good time. Fair play to them, bottom of the league and they brought a few with them considering. Lots of crazy costumes going on. They had nuns, nurses, doctors, the devil, and even Scooby Doo!

The lads got a good reception at the end of the game and let's be honest, it was one hell of an improvement on last season. Let's hope we bring in some more quality over the next few months and improve further on this season.

SWA!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Good first half performance, made up for Craig Curran, the youngest ever hat-trick scorer in a Tranmere shirt ahead of a certain Dixie Dean! If he turns out half as good as Dixie we will have a great player on our hands. He looked lively and took his goals ever so well. Hope to see much more of him next season.

Like Ian said, the defending was hopeless. Goodison was half decent but the others looked out of sorts, defensively at least. And the young keeper certainly didn't do anything to suggest he wanted a move in the summer.

4 months til the new season, agony isn't it?! Lets hope some good signings and a good pre-season will bring a more fruitful season next time round.

SWA!!!

Player
Goodison
Great performance from Curran. He has to strart next season. He reminds me of Aldridge. He knows where the goal is and has a pop. He also chases defenders down and forces them into errors. Him a Zola look like a good combination. Not sure about him and Greenacre as they look quite similar in there style of play.

The line up in attack next season should be Curran and someonelse. He should be given a chance with his scoring record and if it pays off he could hit us to promotion. Which is the reason why we havent been promoted as we havent had a 25+ goals a season player

Player
Morrisey
I think that Greenacre is fine for a leading striker. He missed a few games at the end of the season and some at New year which I think would have knocked him into the 20's. As for Curran starting I would start the season off with him on the bech. He needs to be introduced to the first team for next season. He needs to play a game upfront when the pressure is really on. I cannot see how Greenacre can be dropped and as you say he doesn't work well with Curran. Zola has come good(ish) towards the end of this season and would start him with Greenacre. I can see them getting a fairly even proportion of goals next season. Zola will blow hot and cold but that is something we will have to put up with for a while longer. When he is blowing cold then Curran can come on or something to that effect. I think that the main issue is that we are doing very well now in the striker department and that one can be crossed off our list unless we suddenly get a Sugar Daddy coming in. [-o<