• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 3-0 Port Vale

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Goals from Zola (28mins), O'leary (58mins) and Davies (78mins). Really good performance from the lads by the sounds of it and 3 important points to ease relegation fears. Notable performances from Goodison after coming on for Sharps at Half time and also Jennings and Raven.

DixieDean

so glad my pre-match prediction of 0-2 was wrong!!
AND HOW WRONG!

I came away feeling very happy with the whole team's performance. EVERYONE played very well. Wilson was very very solid in goal and apart from 1 sliced clearance he did not put a foot wrong. The kids that booed him at the start when his name was callled should be taken outside and beaten to a pulp and then never allowed back in the ground. I'd rather we played to 2000 people than have these turds mocking people without giving them a chance.

Anyhow...rant over. Jennings had a great second half, as did supersub Goodison who replaced Sharpsy. Goodi was an absolute rock. Greenacre's ability to hit the target from anywhere is tremendous and only a couple of good saves prevented him from getting closer to 20 goals.

all in all a great team performance. it's just incredible and very annoying that we havent seen this kind of performance more often!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Totally agree Dixie. Three goals and a clean sheet, all very nice. Let's not forget though, Vale were dreadful. But how many times have we said that this season?! Wilson didn't have a great deal to do, but made a good save early on.

Goodison was surprisingly solid when he came on. Looked very comfortable back in the centre.

Of course I can't do a post match comment without mentioning Zola. Another good display by him. Scored and setup the second for all you boo boys! =;

Shame Greenacre didn't get on the scoresheet, but had chances. In fact, if we had finished better, we could have scored 3/4 in the first half!

The only negative for me was Facey. He's a lazy sod! .. :whistle:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
What a great night :-D .

Left work in Birmingham at 20 past 4 and got to the ground at 20 past 7, traffic was an absolute nightmare.

So not in the best of moods I was really hoping the lads would make it worthwhile. The first 20 mins was pretty even and I was getting concerned about the amount of time and space we were giving them in the final third, thankfully they only produced one decent shot that was excellently parried by Steve Wilson.

After that we started turning on the style and playing some nice football, McAteer played well, bringing the ball down well, holding it up and giving us some much needed possesion in the middle of the park. I though Stevey Jennings played well too, he ran everything down and put in some great tackles.

Zola was getting his usual amout of stick from the fans in the JK Stand until he popped up to poke home (I think) Greenacre's scuffed cross.

From then on it was all Tranmere. Vale's long ball tactics were being easily dealt with by Jacko and Sharps whilst Tranmere continued to play some decent football up the other end.

I was pleased to see Goodison come on in his natural position for the second half and he put in a solid performance.

Our second came from O'Leary, finishing well from close range and it was great to see Steven Davies on the scoresheet, after snatching at an earlier effort he took his goal really well, he stayed calm, worked an opening and squeezed his shot past Vale's keeper, who had a particularly poor game.

Gray's MOM: Steve Jennings

Yes, Vale were awful, but given our performance tonight we would have given anyone in this division a good game.

Popped into my Mum's for a brew after the game before tanking it back down the M6 to Cov in the driving rain with some quality tunes playing on my iPod :cool: Took less than 2 hours to get home and I was tucked up in bed reading my programme by 12:30. Quality evening :-D

SUPER WHITE ARMY! SUPER WHITE ARMY! \\:D/

J

Johnny King is God

Great result! 3-0 eh...who would have predicted that? Oh yes...I did! [About time I got one right!]

Quote of the year post match from Brian...
"Ian Goodison got a whack in the face. I think he was a bit dazed. Although in fairness if he plays like that, he can get dazed every week, because he was really good."

Any volunteers to whack Goodison in the face before the game every week?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
:lol: .... Good to hear about how well we played... we sounded good on the commentary but not as good as you lot are making it sound so thats even better. Like Ian said though... Vale obviously didn't play well so let's not think we are world beaters. I wouldn't be too suprised if we were awful next week away at Rotherham. Here's hoping we're not!

M

Matthew The Rover

We absolutely destroyed them. Jennings my man of the match for just being fantastic, but in all honesty, knowbody really put a foot wrong.

Wilson was brilliant in goal when called apon and Raven is looking better and better every week, we simply must try to sign the lad come July.

Tactics from Brian were spot on for a second week running I feel and I just wonder, if only he'd played 4-3-3 for 6th August

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Enjoyable game of football. Great result.

Well in lads.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought we were very good after an even starting quarter of an hour. Everyone did well, though Wilson still doesn't fill me with confidence. Zola just shaded MoM for me, best game he's had in a long time, a bit surprised he was subbed. A few more points, then hope the manager gives some of the younger players a game, as promised.