• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2-1 Swindon

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Jennings and Greenacre gave us a 2-0 half time lead. Paynter got one back for them in 2nd half to make it nervous although we sounded more likely to get a 3rd. McLaren, Moore and Zola going close. Should have had a penalty too. Forest lost. Back into 6th and the attention switches to Leeds v Brighton and Southend v Walsall tomorrow. Plus can Vale get something against Leyton Orient?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good night of football, results wise. With us winning and Donny winning, couldn't have asked for more really.

Decent first half with two good goals, the usual shaky second half letting the away side back in it and defending nervously till the final whistle.

We had a couple of chances in the second half, but Swindon had the better of the half really. Think their problem is getting someone to put the ball into the net. They pass it around well, and work hard, not much end product.

Good performances tonight from Jennings, Taylor and more surprisingly, Chorley who I thought played well at the back.

Poor performance goes to Jennison who was so bad, we we just took to laughing at him in the end. At one point he was actually running in a circle with the ball! :-k I wonder what Curran thinks when he's sitting on the bench and that clown is playing ahead of him.

Anyway, a must win game which we won, thank god!
Not much more we can do know, but sit back and watch the results come in tomorrow.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Good result that and keeps us clinging on to 6th spot after today's games.

We need to keep looking over our shoulder!

Excellent gate too, 8'777.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Where did you hear 8,777? It was 5,800 ish. Big game next week. If we beat Walsall things will be looking good.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't go, but the BBC also seems to have the wrong ref; Peter Walton instead of Rob Lewis.