• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1 - 2 MK Dons

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Post your post match reports here. If you can stomach it! :(

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

I'm stuck for words to describe how bad that second half was.

Thought both sides were just as bad as each other first half but we deserved to go in leading.

Second half was just appauling. No idea's, plenty of running but no destination.

What happened to the marking as well?

Facey seriously needs to go on the slim fast as well.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
absolutely shite. we got beat by a team who werent even a club two years ago, EMBARASSING AND PATHETIC!

the people who clapped ath the end are pathetic, you should tyhrow stuff and bo them cos we ere shit. something has to be done, i dont care how but we have problems.

smilingmart

I think we have to take a serious look at things now. I have been Brian Little's most staunch supporter on this board but seeing us play today shows me that unless things change we are heading for the drop. And, NO, we are NOT too good to go down.

The team has no pace anywhere and we have no delivery from wide positions. The January transfer window is a chance to get in people who can do a good job and keep us up. Make no mistake about it we are in a relegation battle and we have just given 3 points to one of the teams who we're in that battle with.

Ah, well. Being a tranmere supporter is a rollercoaster and we're on a descent that looks like the big one at Blackpool. We'll be on an up turn again in time but is Little the man to take us there? :-k

M

Matthew The Rover

Tranmere Rovers once again conceeded two goals around the 60 minute mark after leading 1-0 to lose 2-1 against a poor MK Dons side. The result means Rovers drop from 19th to 20th as todays opponents jump ahead of the Super White Army by one point.

Rovers made one change from their dissapointing cup exit to Bradford, as cup-tied Steven O'Leary, on-loan from Luton Town, back into the starting line up in place of Mark Rankine to make his first start at Prenton Park.

Rovers started poorly, as did their opposition, and it appeared that neither side could string together more than 5 or 6 passes on a cold, wet November day.

Each side had chances early on, with Steven Davies offering the first shot at goal on 2 minutes, but the young striker, still looking for his first senior goal at Prenton Park put his shot well wide.

Delroy Facey and Izale McLeod, the former of the MK Dons couldn't do much better either. With Facey lightly hitting his shot straight at the Dons' keeper, whilst McLeod's shot was hit high and wide into the lower tier of the Kop.

On 31 minutes, McLeod, although offisde, brought and excellent save out of Rovers keeper John Achterberg. McLeod sprinting clear of the Rovers defence collected the ball on the corner of the 18 yard box. Having twisted round one or two of Rovers' players, McLeod let fly with a powerfull effort that Achterberg did well to stop.

It was Rovers who deservedly took the lead, on 39 minutes. Steven Jennings, who had a very quiet game and wasn't too good on the passing front sent over a great cross after Chris Greenacre had been fouled. It was Mike Jackson who met the header at the back post to put Rovers 1-0 up, and it looked as if it should be plain sailing from here on in.

However, it was a dissapointing second half display from Rovers which had many fans booing their team for periods of the second half.

The Dons leveled with the first chance of the second half, yet again from the penalty spot. Ian Sharps, who you must remember conceeded the penalty which put Bradford 2-1 up last week, pulled down the dangerous McLeod, who was running into no mans land. McLeod picked himself up and put the penalty down to John Achterberg's left.

Less than one minute later, Rovers old problem came to the party, as McLeod ran on to a through ball un-marked against the exposed John Achterberg. McLeod easily rounded Achterberg and slotted home into the empy net to leave the travelling 100 or so MK Dons fans into delight and send the Dons out of the relegation zone.

This is not the first time Rovers have failed to hold on to a lead, nor the first time they have conceeded around this period in the game. It is infact the fourth time Rovers have not picked up three points having been ahead, and perhaps even more worrying, eight out of the last ten league goals Rovers have conceeded have come after the 55 minute mark. It is also the second time in two matches that Rovers have let their heads go down and have gone to sleep, therefore allowing the opposition a chance, on which both occasions they scored.

Brian Little's trump card didn't impress Rovers fans either, as the Boss tried to get his side back into the game. Firstly the Rovers boss through Sammy Aiston into the action in place of Danny Harrison and reverted from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, which if you ask me, is a more defensive formation. The Rovers boss then added Calvin Zola to the action in place of the woefull Delroy Facey and before long Steven Davies had to be replaced due to what appeared to be an ankle injury. The forward was replaced by Ian Goodison as Rovers through Ian Sharps upfront and returned to their original 4-3-3 formation.

Maybe having this will teach Brian Little that having one defender and two midfielders doesn't work, as you really need to forwards - i.e Chris Dagnall, who actually looked good when he came on last weekend against Bradford. But instead, Mr. Little chose to have Calvin Zola, who he refused to bring off the Subs bench at Valley Parade last weekend.

Unfortunatly for all the Rovers faithfull and staff, none of the Boss' trump cards worked, as poor passing, off the ball movement and crossing restricted Rovers to just one more chance, which Calvin Zola squandered, but a more natural finisher, such as Chris Dagnall or Chris Greenacre may have finished. Granted, it was a difficult striker for Zola to finish, even more so when he is not match fit. Zola, on the turn, recieved the ball on the edge of the six yard box, but as he turned he lost his balance and the shot went agonisingly wide low past the keepers right hand post.

The performance overall was not a good one. Even Brian Little admitted that the second half performance was the worst since he's been at the club. The passing from the midfield was awful, as was the crossing. Often Steven Davies was left all alone with the ball on the left, or the same happening to a poor Steven Jennings in midfield.
The defence was not on the same wavelength all afternoon. Some may say they were simply to slow, which on moe than one occasion they were. However, McLeod had an outstanding game, and he was often one or two yards ahead of Sharps and Jackson at the back in his mind.
There was once again no result for Chris Greenacre, although he cannot be blamed, as he didn't have the service. Paul Linwood's passing was poor, maybe he even had a worse pass completion percentage than Ian Goodison. Delroy Facey, who is supposed to hold the ball up was equally as bad. He lost the ball far too often, and never really provided any threat upfront.
Danny Harrison, Gareth Roberts and Steven O'Leary, as is often the case, worked their socks off all afternoon, but just really weren't having their best days and Harrison and O'Leary were often over run in midfield.

Jones' Man Of The Match: Not a hard decision, infact, there is only really one man to choose from. Young Steven Davies worked all afternoon until injury brought a halt to it. He chased down every ball, often leading to a lost cause, and provided some very good passes but was not in the positions he like to be for his shooting. Maybe not his best game for Rovers, but he stuck out in what was a very poor Rovers side.

Referee: B Curson
Attendance: 6611

what a shambles! :evil: little needs to take a long hard look at himself and ask the question "what else can i do"? he had a gamble,he sacked hill replaced him with mcateer,he chopped and changed his formation and he even took goodi out from left back,and it worked for one game!and now,well were back to were we started!and that's one shite football team!

he has lost it.BIG TIME :!: :!: :!:

his signings have been rubbish aswell! greenacre being the best out of the lot.
:arrow: Facey (sh1te)
:arrow: Whitmore (never gets a chance,but i wonder why? sh1te)
:arrow: Jackson (very average,who has been poor over the last 3-4 games)
:arrow: Aiston (try's hard, but we don't need tryers we need quality)
:arrow: Bruce (say's it all when you get sent back early)
:arrow: Summerbee (?)
:arrow: McAteer (givin' a coaching roll cos he's that shite at footy)
:arrow: Goodison (need a carry on......)

i must admit tho that it was the players who were poor today and they looked a shadow of the side that cruised to a win in south yorkshire,but dare i say it,that it's little who picks the team! we missed ranks today and i can't believe harrison got in ahead of him! Facey needs fuc*ing off. he is an absolute donkey!and thats being kind to the man! :twisted: :twisted:

jim

What a deserved result.
We were crap from start to finish. I am trying to think of something - anything - positive to say about this game but I have failed to do so.
So instead I'm going to single out todays worst player. That acolade goes to you Mr. Linwood. What an absolute donkey. If Zola had been on for the full 90 minutes though, I think it would have been a hotly contested competition for Tranmere cart horse of the day.
I was expecting good things of this O'Leary fella but I barely noticed he was on the field.
Davies was crap and like many of the posts I've read on here I think Daggers would be a much better bet. Facey won lots of headers today and that's it.
Roberts looked a bit like he couldn't be arsed.
Sharps is back to his old useless self.
Oh, the positive, Jackson scored to give us the lead which we threw away.

Next time I'm saving my money and buying the X-Factor CD when it comes out cos I think it's going to be more fun and may be full of more talented stars than the current Tranmere squad!

I'm absolutely disgusted by the performance today. We need a clear out.

S

slawlane

ABSOLUTELY CRONIC TO WATCH, what ever happened to the Tranmere team that made other teams feel that they had to work to get their points because TRFC were a solid team, now teams either dont worry or only slightly worry because we are a team desparate for points. MK's were nothing special we had plenty possesion in the 1st half but failed to capitalize on the final touch.

2nd half was school boy play and just sad to watch, didnt really see the penalty but Little admitted it was a rugby tackle. Brian clearly fustrated and admits the 2nd goal was the worst goal he had seen a team of his concede, perhaps all this negativity means he's leaving Tranmere.

After leaving the match and being hounded with texts from fellow Liverpool supporters reading 'haha you got beat by MK DON-ALDS' I laid down an ultimatum stating that if Tranmere do not finish in 6th place or above I will stop coming to the games, because whats the point in spending your money on a club which is actually a corrupt bussiness.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
What a complete and utter shambles. :evil: The first half was poor, we had a few scares and only Jonny Achters saved us, then we scored with one of only a couple of efforts on goal to save face a little. The the second half was disgraceful, call themsleves professional footballers??? If i was playing I would have been ashamed at that performance. :oops:

I don't think MK Dons are a very good team (they were 23rd before today) but they were taking the mickey out of us and I was embarassed to be honest. :oops:

The manager has lost it imo, and the players (it is Little's team now) are simply not good enough.

Achterberg: great keeper, made some good saves today but he had to cos the defending was shambolic!
Linwood: so not a right back. Cant pass either, one that is not good enough.
Roberts: he is so out of form, partly cos hes been out of position most of the season!
Jackson: never been convinced of him as a defender and today confirmed it, got the absolute runaround. Only good thing he did was the goal but everything else he looked appalingly bad.
Sharps: some good things but again had the runaround and I'm doubting him as good enough for this level really.
O'Leary: didn't see anything special really, but passed the ball simply and rarely lost it so nothing too bad.
Harrison: hopeless. I don't mind him (unlike a few others) but he lost the ball far too often.
Jennings: poor today but I do rate him and hope he can improve further.
Davies: MOTM by far, at least showed some effort and willing to do some good stuff.
Facey: looked ok when he signed but since has been very poor. Didnt win that many headers and his distribution was poor.
Greenacre: didnt have a sniff really, and moved out of position so often to play wide today. I rate him but getting no service doesnt really help him.

Zola: CRAP, how he can play professional football is beyond me! He couldnt hit a barn door. Think he is the worst striker to wear the TRanmere shirt, to think we spent 8 months trying to get him back playing! The best young striker in this league??? I don't think so Brian, you must see something we can't. How he missed tht open goal was incredible! Blindfolded, Ian would have scored that wouldn't you mate :wink:

Overaall pathetic, Little out and take the players you signed with you. Not good enough for MY team. :cry:

M

Matthew The Rover

Now it's all coming out. I have been complaining about Jackson since last season and look what has happened to us now. He has been awful this season, and people are finally now begining to agree with me.

smilingmart

slawlane said:
I laid down an ultimatum stating that if Tranmere do not finish in 6th place or above I will stop coming to the games, because whats the point in spending your money on a club which is actually a corrupt bussiness.

You sound like a fairweather supporter to me. You only support a team if they are doing well. Being a Tranmere fan is a rollercoaster ride and you have to accept the bad with the good.

Chin up. :wink:

M

Matthew The Rover

smilingmart said:
slawlane said:
I laid down an ultimatum stating that if Tranmere do not finish in 6th place or above I will stop coming to the games, because whats the point in spending your money on a club which is actually a corrupt bussiness.

You sound like a fairweather supporter to me. You only support a team if they are doing well. Being a Tranmere fan is a rollercoaster ride and you have to accept the bad with the good.

Chin up. :wink:

Well said.

B

bwilliams

this is getting ridiculous, Little Out and Some Decent Players!

M

Matthew The Rover

bwilliams said:
this is getting ridiculous, Little Out and Some Decent Players!

Boo you. Little is the man and I am still 100% behind him. He has not had the luck and you know it, starting from the play-offs. Losing on penalties (when I feel league goal difference should have decided it).

Then selling Hume on deadline day so we could not spend the money (very tactful Mrs. Rogers).

The F.A. Cup "defeat". And all other little things in the league, such as the terrible referee's we have had this season. I've been to around 12 games, and I can honestly say we have only have two or three good refs.

Finally, the players have no passion and are not performing on the pitch. Not Brian's fault. He can pick the team, but when they get out there it's not his fault if they play badly. He can make a sub, but none of them play well. You have to remember we were doing well until the transfer window closed (meaning we cannot bring enough players in) also coinciding with the departure of Mr. Hume.

B

Banana Army

REmember how we were going to use the loan system to get some quality in? I Guess by this brian meant one player who is fairly averae.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'm not behind little at all, if he stays, he stays, if he goes, thank god!

what good is he doing this season, you can al lblamew rogers asmuch as you like, but at the end of the day, he spends 5-6 days a week training with them pickiong teams, motovating them, telling them what to do.

like i said before, I dont care what we do as long as something gets sorted out and FAST.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think a new tactic is needed to be used by me... instead of sitting im my room listening to us get beat I will watch soccer saturday. It might work?!?! Seriously though something needs sorting and quick!

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
Little is the man and I am still 100% behind him. He has not had the luck and you know it, starting from the play-offs. Losing on penalties (when I feel league goal difference should have decided it).

I've been to around 12 games, and I can honestly say we have only have two or three good refs.

Finally, the players have no passion and are not performing on the pitch. Not Brian's fault.

1. Little is useless. He has turned us into a passionless side.

2. So, we've had 12 bad refs... Do you not realise our opponents have to put up with the same ref as us. Or, by BAD REF do you mean one who gives us nothing? Surely that's just a biased fans view?

3. Where do you think the players get passion from? From the training ground and from the coaching staff. If Brian cannot motivate the lads then quite simply he has to go.

DixieDean said:
Matthew The Rover said:
Little is the man and I am still 100% behind him. He has not had the luck and you know it, starting from the play-offs. Losing on penalties (when I feel league goal difference should have decided it).

I've been to around 12 games, and I can honestly say we have only have two or three good refs.

Finally, the players have no passion and are not performing on the pitch. Not Brian's fault.

1. Little is useless. He has turned us into a passionless side.

2. So, we've had 12 bad refs... Do you not realise our opponents have to put up with the same ref as us. Or, by BAD REF do you mean one who gives us nothing? Surely that's just a biased fans view?

3. Where do you think the players get passion from? From the training ground and from the coaching staff. If Brian cannot motivate the lads then quite simply he has to go.

totally agree with you there dixie! he only gets mad when it's too late! no passion what so ever! GET LOST LITTLE and fast :!: :twisted: