• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-2 Carlisle

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Utter crap! I think that sums it up. Not at all pleased.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Utter crap indeed Joe.
I'll sum this up quickly.

Carlisle were an organised team who worked well for each other. Tranmere were an unorganised mess and couldnt put two passes together.

That was the difference in the sides, and the best team won. At times it felt like we were the away side, not only in terms of performance on the pitch, but noise levels from the crowd.

Fair play to Carlisle. They brought quite a few down, got behind their team and their team delivered.

What we witnessed from the home side was a shambles. Why in the hell do they continue to boot the ball upfield aimlessly. EVERY SODDING GAME!!! It doesn't work. That's the only tactic we have.

We were 1-0 down at HT, and had 45 minutes to turn it around. Out come the teams, no changes, same old tactic.. What's the point.

It was embarrassing at times. The away side, whilst not the greatest side in the world, were well organised and they all worked hard for each other. No stray balls upfield, but good short passing on the deck. And what did we offer in return?!?

Complete rubbish. We are losing the plot, and seem to be finishing the season quite weakly. The last two home games have been ***** in all honestly and nothing has changed or lessons learned from these two games.

And this was the game when they were advertising the season ticket prices for next season. Ohh dear..

Player
Liam Palmer
Me and my mates have PP booked for a game on Sunday 6th - subject to us being in the play-offs. Looks like we'll be playing at PP on Sunday the 6th then!

Had enough chances to win that game tonight against very mediocre opposition. The best about them was their superb support.

We are pretty grim to watch. The ball had snow on it. Only after Zola came on did the ball occasionally get played on the deck. A clear out is needed before next season. Too much dead wood, I'm afraid. We need younger players, and players with more energy.

Sad stuff when you consider where we were in October with basically the same players as played tonight.

The fat lady may not be singing, but she's doing her scales.

jim

Why in the hell do they continue to boot the ball upfield aimlessly. EVERY SODDING GAME!!! It doesn't work. That's the only tactic we have.

Answer: Ronnie "1 plan" Moore. :twisted: who spouted the following crap:
"I know one or two complained at the end about it being a disgrace, but I think that's going over the top a little bit. No one is more disappointed than me and the players."
F*ck off Ronnie - it's not going over the top - it was a disgrace losing at home 0-2 to an average side who wanted to win more than we did.

When's he going to learn that Taylor is absolute, pure and utter crap? He needs to go. Ellison needs to go. We need a new keeper (or 2) and thats for starters if we're going to do anything at all next season.

We brought Zola on last night and it was a different game, as Tartantranmere64 pointed out we started playing it a bit more on the deck. I would put a large amount of money on the fact that if we played Zola more instead of Taylor, we'd be in a better league position than we are and we'd have scored more.

I got the season ticket leaflet when I went on on the turnstiles and I'm wondering if I can take any (Ronnie) Moore of this sh*te next season or should I spend my ?240 on something else. In all honesty I'll probably renew mine but you can see why numbers are dropping! If this was my first season, it would no doubt be my last and I'm sure that's what others are thinking.

I've thought of ordering several copies of this and sending them to Prenton Park http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-As...8854016?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175359021&sr=8-1

I'm in a stinker of a mood about this season, there's been no determination, no skill, no tactical genius, nothing. It's all but over now but no doubt Ronnie will continue his drivel about "we still have a good chance.... someone's going to get stuffed 5 nil by us very soon... we can finish in the top 2... etc etc blah blah blah"

No doubt some will tell me that we are still only just outside the playoffs and maybe that's still a good position to finish in - maybe - but with a little bit of effort coupled with some tactics and the dropping of a few w*nk players we might just have made it!

I'm off to cry now! :cry:

Player
Morrisey
I think you are right with the fact that 7th/8th is good in relation of the fact that we finished just off the drop last year. However the fact that we will loose out from a few Ward mistakes or just sheer half-arsed attitude of some knew players. It really annoys me. Bristol (a), Gillingham (h), Oldham (a). We should have taken at least one point from these and we should be in a better position than this. Still we must keep the faith. It is not just a mathmatical possiblility but a reality that we could make it. I will believe until it is ludicrous.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think it's fair to say we still all need to get behind the whites as much as we can whilst there is still hope.

But it doesn't stop us feeling completely flat after a game like that. I sat there for 90 minutes complaining most of the time, and that's not what I want to do. Ronnie needs to give the players a kick up the ass, an someone needs to slap Ronnie a few times to wake himself up.

It's not over yet, and there is still time to save this, but let's start working as a team and putting in positive performances.

I agree with a lot you've said Jim, but a lot of it is longer term, end of season stuff with regard to changing players as we know Ronnie has his favoured 11. Let's just work with those 11 and hope to god they sort themselves out. Another season in this division, and sadly attandences will fall once again.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Surely it's over

Sorry, Ian. I know you have to be an optimist to support a team like Tranmere, but let's face it - we're not going up this year!

Watching Rovers since about the time Thommo was recalled by Forest has been like death by a thousand cuts. A string of disappointing results with just the odd glimmer of hope until the next match when you get knocked back again.

To get promoted now would require an incredible run of form and a collapse by all our rivals. I can't see it happening and by the way the team played yesterday, the players can't either.

OK, let's stay behind the team, but don't change your holiday plans for May.

Let's look to next season and pray there's a little money to improve the team. Then let's give Ronnie until October to show we can mount a challenge.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The next two games will be the last two games I can make this season. Even after our poor form I am looking forward to these games and getting behind the team. Blackpool should be a good game and lets get as many as we can there to support the lads. I think a lot of us can take something from the Wolves fans yesterday... they are clinging onto a play off place and even at 6-0 down at home they were getting behind the manager and team. Thats what supporters should do during a match. Vent any frustrations you have after the match and give the lads all the support you can for the rest of the season. SWA!

J

JimSteelesJockStrap

Ronnie Moore stated that there would not be a repeat of the Swansea game again this season. Sorry Ronnie that was exactly the same type of performance on friday! Why do we continue to send aimless floated long balls up to the front players all the time when it is obvious we are far more comfortable keeping the ball on the ground.
I can't make out what the problem is, one of the problems is possibly the lack of investment throughout the season on new players to freshen up the squad and put pressure on those already at the club, and before you all start saying we have no money, do you not think that to move on to bigger and better things perhaps Ms Rogers needs to go and try to get someone in who does have money? I mean there has even been trouble with this American investment has there not?
Face facts lads and lasses its league one football again next season.