• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just when you start to build up hope that this might be a good game to end our losing run, Rochdale go and sack their manager. Hopefully Rovers will fare better against Chris Beech's side than we managed against Dean Smith and Stuart Campbell's teams last season.

O/s says Goodi and Raven will be fitness-tested late in the day, while Kay seems unlikely to be fit. Who would our talisman replace if recalled, Ash was one of our better players last weekend, while MM has done ok since coming back. I'd also prefer Danny Holmes to get a start in the hope he might be able to offer something different at right-back.

Further forward, expect Weir to come straight back in for Labadie. Otherwise, not expecting any changes, though would prefer Robinson to start ahead of Baxter. Martin Devaney not mentioned on the o/s, so not injured, just airbrushed out. Baffling.

Prediction: Rochdale should bring a few hundred, but given our own poor form, home support may be quite limited, so a crowd around the 6k+ mark. I will be on Wirral, but engaged in some negotiations as to whether I'll make the game. Have never seen us lose a Boxing Day fixture, hope that run continues, but I'm not confident.

Player
Liam Palmer
At least we're playing a team in a poor run of form, unlike most of the other teams we've lost to recently.

I think the Davaney situation is something like this: He's behind McGurk and Robinson for a place on the left wing, so because we only can name five subs, there's already cover there (from whichever one of Robbo or McGurk that doesn't play). The other subs are taken up by a keeper, defender, midfielder and by Muzzy if Enoch plays or vice-versa. So no place for Disco.

Don't really care at this stage how we win, just think we need to. Fingers crossed we get the fist goal.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the Davaney situation is something like this: He's behind McGurk and Robinson for a place on the left wing, so because we only can name five subs, there's already cover there (from whichever one of Robbo or McGurk that doesn't play). The other subs are taken up by a keeper, defender, midfielder and by Muzzy if Enoch plays or vice-versa. So no place for Disco.

During our strong run in the opening weeks of the season Devaney was one of our best two or three players. If you add the fact that he is more of a natural on the left side than McGurk, and possibly Robinson, I think something must have happened behind the scenes to result in his disappearance.

However, I agree that getting the first goal on Monday will be crucial. I too, would prefer to see Robinson in the middle rather than Baxter, and would not be completely surprised if Labadie kept his place after his performance at Stevenage. Of the two centre backs, I think Ash probably deserves to stay in the side if Goodison returns.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If devanney is behind mcgurk then i find this very strange as mcgurk has contributed very little this season in that position.

Regardless of the fact they have sacked their manager this really is a game we should be winning and failure to get at least 4 points from the next 2 home games will leave us in trouble yet again.

We have some very tough games at home during the 2nd half of the season so points now are vital to keep us away from another scrap at the bottom.

Player
Liam Palmer
There's more bad injury news ahead of today's game, I'm afriad. Let's hope those on the pitch and those in the stand pull together to get this win

Player
Manager
John King
Fuming really that the game has been postponed due to the state of disrepair of the Main Stand. We had the same situation against Notts County last season and no lessons have been learned.

Surely it would be worthwhile investing to repair the damaged sections of the roof to ensure it doesn't fly off every time the wind gets above 10mph ? Instead of which, we have now lost the revenue from one of the biggest games of the season, and will lose further ground on the teams around us.

Even Friday's game is in doubt apparently.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That bloody stand again! Gutted.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We didn't lose!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This is what happnes when the owner puts no more money in and has no proper intetest in the club but sell it. This will cost the club more money that we didnt have anyway what a day.

Player
Manager
John King
Very b****y annoyed at this. If those running the club can't be bothered investing in that stand, perhaps it should be closed altogether. it is not as if we need it with our current gates.

Damaging to the club on and off the pitch, and just makes us look an absolute laughing stock.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
We needed the three points and the ground starts to fall apart in the wind just shows the lack of investment by pj....off the field chickens coming home to roost...to you PJ bollocks

ps f--k the roof we need a striker!!!!

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Surely for this one fixture they could have dumped everyone in the Kop, its not like we have sell-out crowds is it?

DIW

Player
Goodison
he has played like he has a broken leg this season.

drwhoman

STAND

I gather that they were worried that some of the roof would blow onto the pitch and injure players. Ah the over regimented Health and Safety world we now live in. I do not knock sensible precautions but the decision really does smack of legal concerns if someone were to get injured. I hope they all had their orange jackets on! No idea about Enoch.

We certainly need a striker as do Liverpool!! If they cannot get a decent one for 35m what chance have we!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with much of what's been said already. Why was this discovered/announced so late? It was annoying enough for me, about to set off from Irby when the news came through, pity those travelling from further afield and the visiting fans. No update on o/s yet.

As for Enoch, saw that on another board and await confirmation. Any funds we might have had will have shrunk a little more after the postponement, so it may be Cole Stockton is needed for the squad.

Player
Manager
John King
OS has just confirmed that Enoch has broken his leg and will out for 6 to 8 weeks. The site also states that Devaney has chickenpox, which may account for his mysterious disappearance.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The chickenpox only relates to devanney missing for yesterdays game it isnt to do with previous games hes not been involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.