• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v PNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Third attempt at playing this, after firstly ice saw the game postponed, then international call ups made the rescheduled date unsuitable.

Preston don't seem to have clicked since Stevenage boss Westley was recruited to replace the caretakers who had been in charge after PermaTan Brown was axed. Let's hope that this continues.

They will have former Rover Iain Hume and loanee Danny Mayor in their likely starting line-up, Danny having got their winner in our trip to Deepdale. I doubt Ronnie will alter the winning side unless a new recruit is available.

Prediction: Other attractions may drive the crowd down, although even in midweek, Preston should bring 300-400. Probably around 4.8k in attendance. RLC elsewhere feels that winning this means we'd be well on the way to being safe. Perhaps. Think this is going to be close game, but apprehensive we may lose by the odd goal.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am also a bit nervous about this one, as winning two of the three home games was way beyond my expectations. We are Tranmere after all.

Preston apparently put in an improved performance against Scunthorpe on Saturday, so let us hope they are not starting to find form. I would imagine that Preston will bring 800 - 1,000 fans which should take the gate for this real local derby above 5k.

O

OneNightInGayParis

800-1000 PNE supporters is far too optimistic. They are not the best travellers and would not expect more than 500 for a Tuesday night.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Given your home address ONIGP, I am sure you know what you are talking about.

However, it seems strange that their away numbers should be so limited as they are still attracting 10-11,000 at home.

Player
Liam Palmer
Three points would be nice tonight, but one might have to do. Robbo is doubtful. A real shame if he can't make it.

Not wanting to open old wounds, but interesting that Ronnie has failed to bring any loan signings despite speaking to "15 clubs". Les got some stick for not managing to bring players in this January (especially strikers). It goes to show how limited our choices are when we are losing out to the teams around us in the loan market. Ho hum.

Anyway, sure to be a good atmosphere, just hope our legs can keep going.

SWA!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We will really struggle without Robbo imo

Zoum and Akins/Weir out wide?

M

Mal

So how many "no doubt about that"s will we hear between tonight and end of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.