• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Owls v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
After finally breaking our losing sequence against Bury, it would be nice to have a comparatively easy fixture tomorrow. As it is, we travel to probably the toughest venue in League One this season: Wednesday are still unbeaten at home and after a recent blip, seemed to rediscover their form at Preston.

After Joss's untimely booking on Friday, and with Welsh again absent, Les has a selection dilemma in the defensive midfield role. Max Power is a great prospect, but making only his second appearance against a strong, physical Wednesday side would be a tall order.

Elsewhere, I would expect us to name the same team that won on Friday, with Danny Holmes deserving to keep his place in the side in my view.

Hillsborough has not generally been a happy hunting ground, but let's hope for an unlikely point tomorrow.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
After Joss's untimely booking on Friday, and with Welsh again absent, Les has a selection dilemma in the defensive midfield role. Max Power is a great prospect, but making only his second appearance against a strong, physical Wednesday side would be a tall order.

He looked well within his depth at Huddersfield earlier in the season, and - aside from Labadie - is more physical than any of our regular midfielders . No dilemma for me; give him a start.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looking on bbc sport website that was the 6th booking for Joss this season so persuming its correct then he will be available for tomorrow and as nonbody else is fit yet the team and bench will be the same.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I suspect we will be roundly spanked at Hillsborough, but here's hoping.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I expect to see the same team that ran out on Fri night. We are usually more resilient away. If we can keep a clean sheet at half time, frustrate them, a draw is possible especially with the added confidence of a win under their belts. However, if we concede early, it might open the flood gates.

M

Mal

I prefer to take heart from the man city and utd, chelsea and southampton results this weekend. Anything is possible on the day against top teams.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, well we really have nothing to lose here. Time to push a few forward and get McGurk on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, Goody makes things tasty.. 8 mins to go.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Damn, fought well in the end and sounded like a decent second half. Poor first ten mins cost us.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Its crap though Ian isn't it? Who cares about a decent second half when we've thrown the game away in the first 10 minutes. You're giving yourself no chance away from home doing that.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I know what you mean, but if we played alright, we played alright. 0 points at Sheff Weds is to be expected by all accounts.

DIW

Player
Goodison
And I;d agree with that, but there's no point playing alright for the final 80 minutes if you are going to be crap in the 10 minutes before that and lose the game then.

Status
Not open for further replies.