• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, it's onwards and erm.. hopefully upwards. This time, a crunch game against Oldham Athletic at the dreaded Boundary Park were it's fair to say wins aren't exactly common there. But if there's ever a time to beat Oldham on their turf, this is it..

Oldham will be going into this game one point below Tranmere on 58 points with a game in hand over us. The Latics have slipped up in recent weeks currently finding themselves 20th in the recent form table having won only one game in their last six.

Our defeat to Cheltenham will have bruised us a bit, but we need to fight back and actually win an away game.

Oldham have just appointed Joe Royle as their temp manager in charge until the end of the season after sacking John Sheridan for which he believes was down purely to results and not a notorious night at a dog track as rumoured in the press.

Ironcially, this will be Royle's first game in charge, the same fixture was also his last League game in charge of the club back in 1994.

Team news coming shortly..

Tickets
This game is ALL TICKET and it would be advised to get your ticket before travelling to the ground on Saturday. We dont want to see another Crewe situation.

Adult (16-65) - £18.00
Seniors (over 65) - £9.00
Juniors (under-16) - £9.00
Juniors (under-12) - £3.00

Junior Tranmere Rovers season ticket holders can get a FREE ticket for the match providing it is obtained at the same time as a full paying Adult ticket on production of voucher K from their season ticket book.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm told by the ticket office that you can only get tickets on the day of the game if they haven't already sold them in advance, and I think they were close to doing so when I booked ours over the phone yesterday.

Desperately need 3 points in this one, a point won't be a total disaster but if we lose I really can't see us challenging. 3 days in the top 6, is that our season highlight??? Come on Rovers, don't let it be! SWA!=D>

Player
Liam Palmer
There's only two things that could cheer me up after that disaster at Cheltenham: 1. beating Oldham on Saturday and 2. the birth of my daughter this morning at 6.50am at home in Moreton. C'mon Rovers, do it for the newest Prenton Pup and her dad!

Player
Goodison
There's only two things that could cheer me up after that disaster at Cheltenham: 1. beating Oldham on Saturday and 2. the birth of my daughter this morning at 6.50am at home in Moreton. C'mon Rovers, do it for the newest Prenton Pup and her dad!

Congratulations!=D>

Hopefully Tranmere can turn Ice Station Zebra into a cauldron of fire but somehow I'm not convinced that is going to happen! Hopefully Gornell and Mayor will be back and Goodison somewhere near fit otherwise we have no chance!

Ho ho ho - thought I'd don the gloves and drop-kick a comment again since my wailing moan post-away Christmas gift defeat at Bristol Rovers.
I nearly went yesterday - thank buggery I didn't. Sounds like another highly frustrating debacle. But let's get real - good at home, useless away. Inconsistency doesn't get rewarded with promotion. We don't warrant a play-off place. Beside in a 2-legged affair we'd fall apart on away leg. Do you think the opposition would agree to both legs at PP if we offered to make the tea and buy the chips both times?
Should we be happy at this time of the season to still have intact (though completely unrealistic) dreams to make the play-offs? Or do we rejoice in not being in relegation stakes?
PS: Did Shirker, sorry Shuker, fall down the stairs...or was he pushed.....
:lol:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko

Many congrats, that's awesome. Keep trying, might get a boy next time :cool:

As for Saturday, a draw is now not good enough. Generally, yeah, a point there is respectable, but at this stage in the season it's worth nothing. I'll decide in the morning whether to get a ticket, our loss to Chelts has really put a dampner on it.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Congrats Tartantranmere! Hope all is well with mother and child.

Agree with the others, it is a must win fixture now, although I really doubt we can get all three points as we never do at Oldham, we never do win away from home, and we have an opportunity to move into a good position in the league if we win, so therefore it's almost certain we'll mess it up!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, congrats TT64! =D>
Good to see you've enroled her into the Prenton Pups nice and early. :-D

So I believe were all in agreement that we need to win on Saturday. Well, this could be the last away game I go to, so I'm just going to remain confident and just hope we can do it!

Player
Goodison
Mayor is out for 3 weeks with his hamstring injury so I don't think he will play for us again as he is on a 1 month loan](*,)That leaves us with the mighty Sonko to play on the wing:cry:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's actually really bad news. I thought we looked far better with Mayor and Gornell in the team. At least Goodison is fit and ready to play.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Mayor is out for 3 weeks with his hamstring injury so I don't think he will play for us again as he is on a 1 month loan](*,)That leaves us with the mighty Sonko to play on the wing:cry:

cressers on the left and barnett on the right please! won't happen though

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No - it won't happen. However, I hope we see Curran sometime during the game. It's been quite some time since I last saw him in action. I'd even have him ahead of Sonko on the wing such is my opinion of the Gambian but it's a little too early for him I think..

It's a shame Windass isn't still there - he's always good for a bit of abuse.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
By all accounts the away end is sold out for Saturday, I think we were given about 1300 tickets.......should be a lively one. To be honest it is a game we must get something out of. At the moment we are like the Tranmere of old brilliant at home but very poor away. Another win and we would still be in with a shout, if we lose then it is well and truely out of our hands, and we will be relying again on other results. So heres hoping for three points saturday not bothered about the performance just want a win........I would take one shot on target and a backs to the wall performance! But it would be nice to go at Oldham from the off and put them under pressure.=D>

Status
Not open for further replies.