• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Official George O'Callaghan and Bas Savage sign!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Both on 2 year contracts. O'Callaghan sounds like he could be decent. Not sure about Savage but you always have to give them a chance.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Always give new signings a few games to see whether they'll be good. All4 new players don't exactly get my pulse racing, but you never know, if they blend well with what we already have, and we improve as a team, and they're good individuals it'll be fantastic! I have my reservations but hope to be proved wrong!

Player
Liam Palmer
C'mon guys, we were wanting signings and we have them. Put them together with the others we have recruited this year (Moore, Taylor) and I think we've done OK. I'd still like the young guns to get a chance, but I think we look pretty solid now.

let's not be tooooooooo pessimistic before a ball has even been kicked.

=D>

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I agree, the signings aren't headline-grabbers but they are definitely solid signings.

Savage in place of Zola seems a pretty straight replacement, O'Callaghan for McLaren, the buzz seems to be that the new lad is attack minded and gets in the goals. Sonko for Davies and Edds for Jennings (perhaps, or Stockdale).

Anyone who expects Ronnie to dramatically change the formula this season is deluded, but I'm quietly confident that the singings made will be as good as the players who have already left and perhaps even a little better.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm quietly confident that the singings made will be as good as the players who have already left and perhaps even a little better.
you would certainly hope they are better! you have to always be looking to improve your squad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Savage has a worse strike rate than Zola, while nobody could seriously claim Sonko is a better player than Davies. O'Callaghan sounds more like a Mullin/Jennings replacement. Edds at right-back probably better in attack than Stockdale, less capable defensively. Plus we've lost Sherriff and Jones and Jennings future still hangs in the balance. At this stage therefore a weaker squad than last season, but there may be more signings to come?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ronnie still needs a few more signings to complete his squad. We're fine in attack (certainly quantity, probably quality), but midfield looks thin and we desperately need at least two more fullbacks.

I'd like to see us sign a youngster or two on a free from a Premiership or Championship club or even the odd loanee.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
They haven't even played a game and we're out to get them!

Give them a few games at least, it had been proven that a change of scenery can motivate a player.

Let's see if they can slot in and play along side the rest of the squad.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah - to be fair, we have to give them a chance. I think people on here are only feeling negative towards the new singings because they aint anything worth shouting about. They may turn out to be good signings, just not inspiring ones..