• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Little must be sacked

Last night was the last chance little had of proving us all wrong. But he still makes a f@c@ing pigs ear of the team selection and what happens.......................
we get beat by a team of no-marks nicknamed the Iron. Scrap Iron more like and we are even worse

Little please just resign before this seasons chances are ruined by the lack of a brain in your head

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Little's comments after the game:

He said: "Disappointed is a word we're using all too often. We had a few decent spells but they deserved to win. It's no good pretending we were unlucky, we were second best for quite a bit of the game.

"I thought we created chances to get back into the game at 2-0 down. Commitment and endeavour was spot on but other things aren't going for us. We'll hopefully be given the chance to sort it out.

"It's a tricky time for us and it's a tricky time for me. The only way through it is to work hard and we'll do that together.

"I don't want to run away and hide from the situation, I'm here to try and sort the thing out. If there is extra pressure then fine, I'm willing to stand there and take it and hopefully get it right.

"We've worked at everything and we'll work at it again. There has always been a temptation to go back to three centre backs which was where we started two years ago and made ourselves a hard side to beat. The most important thing is to get together and work at it. We have created chances but we've leaked too many goals.

"We set a line up to keep it tight and then take it from there. In previous games we've tried to be very open early in the game and that hasn't worked.

"We've been looking at a loan signing or two and we have made inroads. We'll continue to look at that and we'll try to strengthen."

Commitment and endeavour !! Is he having a laugh!? :?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ian said:
Little's comments after the game:

He said: "Disappointed is a word we're using all too often. We had a few decent spells but they deserved to win. It's no good pretending we were unlucky, we were second best for quite a bit of the game.

"I thought we created chances to get back into the game at 2-0 down. Commitment and endeavour was spot on but other things aren't going for us. We'll hopefully be given the chance to sort it out.

"It's a tricky time for us and it's a tricky time for me. The only way through it is to work hard and we'll do that together.

"I don't want to run away and hide from the situation, I'm here to try and sort the thing out. If there is extra pressure then fine, I'm willing to stand there and take it and hopefully get it right.

"We've worked at everything and we'll work at it again. There has always been a temptation to go back to three centre backs which was where we started two years ago and made ourselves a hard side to beat. The most important thing is to get together and work at it. We have created chances but we've leaked too many goals.

"We set a line up to keep it tight and then take it from there. In previous games we've tried to be very open early in the game and that hasn't worked.

"We've been looking at a loan signing or two and we have made inroads. We'll continue to look at that and we'll try to strengthen."

Commitment and endeavour !! Is he having a laugh!? :?

Hmm, no, fair play to him on that one, I did think we looked a bit more commited last night. However, what we were lacking was any form of talent, ability or confidence :(

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
LR came out after the match saying that the board are 100% behind him and he has the money to bring players in... I guess loan signings. She thinks he will turn it round and we will be fighting at the top end of the table come the end of the season. Its going to need some big changes for us to do that!

too little,too late. i don't care what he say's anymore,cos' if he can't get the formation right and team selection right then he's out of a job! he didn't come to us to give us an interview,he came to get us promoted! :cry:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What worries me is that he'll bring in the wrong players given the opportunity. A manager who brings in Summerbee who is so far past it its beyond belief, is either desperate or completely daft.

We need creativity Brian, look towards that when thinking about loan players and possible signings.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
whatever you are all thinking. i think its players faults.

they didn't look arsed. they al lneed a firework up there arses. they don't care.

B

Banana Army

Right be fore i start when i say blip i know its a big one, but we always seem to sack a manager after a good season. Its like a rebound effect. I say stick with Brian this time. Just untill begining of November and see where we are. We need consistency in the managers position and theres no doubting that Brian is (or maybe it's was) a good manager. Give him a month i say

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Banana Army said:
Right be fore i start when i say blip i know its a big one, but we always seem to sack a manager after a good season. Its like a rebound effect. I say stick with Brian this time. Just untill begining of November and see where we are. We need consistency in the managers position and theres no doubting that Brian is (or maybe it's was) a good manager. Give him a month i say
Fair comment mate. You may be right, but Little really does need to make big changes. Actually make them instead of talking about making them though..

I think he has good backing from the board. The next few months will certainly be an interesting time..

B

Banana Army

Ian said:
Banana Army said:
Fair comment mate. You may be right, but Little really does need to make big changes. Actually make them instead of talking about making them though..

I think he has good backing from the board. The next few months will certainly be an interesting time..

Yes obviously things cant go on as they are, but i believe we should make the changes in other places first as we've had 4 managers in around 5 years. Thats not really bad but its nothing to write home about and excluding Watson they've all done fairly well in their first year.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Joe_TRFC said:
LR came out after the match saying that the board are 100% behind him
Yup, there it is. Kiss of death. :D

You KNOW you're in trouble when the chairman comes out and says that the board are supporting you 100%.

And Brian again going on about the temptation to play 3 at the back, which first of all is like saying "all the players I've got aren't good enough in my view to only play two" and secondly he's already playing 4 centre backs, the fact that Bruce can also play full back, and Goodison can't but is being selected as full back - doesn't make them any less centre backs. Jennings played most of a season at right back for the reserves so right wing back wasn't a problem for him, and Carl Tremarco has played left back and centre back (as well) and so had no trouble playing left wing back. Sack the manager, not the board.

Pete SWA!

i thought jennings was awful so thinking he can be the answer on the right hand side is not my train of thought he shows so much more in the middle and sam playing on the wide right is much better in my "humble opinion! rank's never got in the game and the switch with jennings and sam should of been made at half time!
also thought we defended way to deep alowing them to come on to us far to much and to many long hopefull balls when we should be passing teams off the park
we do have good players (for our league) in my belief and should fet so much better wit a few wins and a bit more confidence in their own ability! [-o<

bolton_hater said:
whatever you are all thinking. i think its players faults.

they didn't look arsed. they al lneed a firework up there arses. they don't care.

and who gives the players a chance to look and be NOT ARSED? yes you guessed it - brian little! am afraid it's his fault! he buy's,he picks,so the book stops with him :!:

Banana Army said:

he's had all the months he needs am afraid! just because it's november doesn't mean that he's gunna drop the negative attitude :!:

give it till november,when were in a worse position,(no thanks)!i'd rather give our new gaffer time to settle the ship and then climb table :!:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
!i'd rather give our new gaffer time to settle the ship and then climb table :!:
hmm, but therein lies the problem. why are we automatically assuming a new manager would help us climb the table ??

i'd like to think he could, but where are the guarantees?

Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
!i'd rather give our new gaffer time to settle the ship and then climb table :!:
hmm, but therein lies the problem. why are we automatically assuming a new manager would help us climb the table ??

i'd like to think he could, but where are the guarantees?

there is none ian. :cry:

but what i will say is,where is the guarentee brian little is gunna weave a bit of magic and turn around our fortunes?

when he arrived we were a team of no direction,and now! well were a team with a backward direction!

same place just a different year :!:

mk dons are better than us(and there fakes) :twisted:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
oh god that sounds emarrasing :oops:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm really not sure anymore... something needs doing but I'm still not sure whether another new manager is the answer. What happens if we get a new manager and come Feburary we are still langushing in the bottom 4??

evo_trfc

I agree with joe trfc, what happens if we are still joint 2nd bottom come may, the board are not going to give a new manager anymore money than Little, however if we do get a new manger than i think it might provide the players with a bit more belief and passion but we are not going to get to the playoffs UNLESS we sign 2 good replacements of Hume+Taylor.

Im giving little to the end of October if he cant turn it around give it to a new man

Player
Morrisey
I think that a new manager would bring in the new players that we want in, but I think that it would take a while for the manager to settle in and it would be a risk. I am glad I am not in LR's position.