• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Lee Trundle??

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I see Lee Trundle is leaving Swansea after turning down a coach role. I know we tried to sign him a few years back and was wondering if this could be the striker we're talking to??

What would everyone think about that signing??

Player
Goodison
Is he any good now? I'm not sure his fitness levels would be up to Parry's standards! Worth a look at, but he must be getting on a bit.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Trundle will be 34 in October. Apparently he has completed his UEFA B coaching badge so has aspirations in that area. Perhaps we are looking at killing 2 birds with one stone?

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Maybe we want to sign him so that Les can say he no longer has the biggest belly at the club!

Fitness would be an issue, wages would be an even bigger issue - but as the point is made above - if he wants to go into coaching MAYBE he might be prepared to take a pay cut. A real long shot though id say - although I said that about getting Robionson on loan last year.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You all have very short memories. Trundle, probably less so.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeovil have offered him a contract
As long as he's nowhere near Prenton Park. Fat scouse idiot.

Can we have Robbo back?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we have supposed to have offered robbo a deal but he wont be signing for us

Player
Jimmy Harvey
We couldnt afford either Robbo or Trundle for a week never mind a season. We are supposed to have some fella on trial from non-league has a horrific scoring record. Its goping to be a long season and it wouldnt surprise me if Les was gone by christmas.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Trundles along is training with us now, according to the papers.

I'd expect someone to come in for him,.. although if they don't I quite like the idea of giving him a rolling week by week contract just above yts wages :-D

here is your humble pie, enjoy it!!

And as much as he has been - as Ian put it - a fat scouse idiot... he certainly knows where the goal is.. ITM and Tezza as the more mobile target type men, with Trundles floating about around the box would be quite a scary prospect for League One defenses!

Perry

Player
Pat Nevin
Surely if we were going to sign him we would have done by now? He's been training with us for a couple of weeks now.

At 34 he's hardly going to be top of anyones shopping list.
Looks like he's holding out for a better offer elsewhere? Probably the best we can do for him is a "Pay as u Play" deal ?

If we sign him on a short deal and he turns out to be the Muts Nuts, it's Sods Law that someone else will nick him from under our noses.

Seems like were damned if we do and damned if we don't with this guy.

The age thing could be an issue, however, John Aldridge was still banging them in regularly at 39.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems like were damned if we do and damned if we don't with this guy.
Very true. He could be a useful addition, but I'd hate to see him in a white shirt.

The age thing could be an issue, however, John Aldridge was still banging them in regularly at 39.
Aldo was a one-off :wink:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He may play in one of the games tonight but i cant see him signing for us unless he drastically drops his wage demands.

I think he will get a contract elsewhere and not with us

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I'm personally shocked that we can't afford a 33 year old striker and clubs that are non league can, what sort of wages does are club offer?

Is it true Neath have offered him £2,500 a week? I'd query this via their fans forum but I don't know Welsh... no, I didn't mean our midfielder!!

Player
Liam Palmer
I'm personally shocked that we can't afford a 33 year old striker and clubs that are non league can, what sort of wages does are club offer?

Maybe we didn't want him. Our going rate is around £1000-£2000 per week.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Heavily weighted towards the first figure. I know a potential squad player who has been offered significantly less than £1k p/w to sign for us.

Of course we'd want Trundle. But we can't afford him. He's training with us to keep fit. Les has said all of this. Not a big deal.