• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League cup 3rd round opposition is.....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
not a glamour tide and not one too help the finances too much.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Still a good draw though. Also potentially winnable if Stoke rest a few players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
they didn't seem too rest many players tonight

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For the finances, I'd have preferred Liverpool or one of the Manc sides preferably away. However, after them, any home tie will do. I don't expect us to beat Stoke, but I didn't expect us to beat notlob either...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good draw. It could have been a lot worse. Prem team at home. It's proving a nice distraction at the moment.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Better than Bristol City away - or any team away. It will make us money, put us in the spotlight a bit and take a little pressure off the team from the rigours of League One. I'm a fan of all three cups for teams like Rovers. I'm looking forward to it.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
I think this is winnable, ok not a glamour tie but this is a prem team and will go down as a shock by media if we beat them and i imagine a they will bring a decent away following

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think it will be difficult. It's a long time since we beat a Premiership team. Our best chance is if Stoke field a weakened side, but I'm not sure they will and even if they do we'll have a tough job. It'll be good to see how we play against better opposition and with the pressure off.