• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Koumas

evo_trfc

as he is going to be sold very soon do we get a percentage of the transfer

was there a sell on fee clause?

Player
John Aldridge
I'd be very surprised if there isnt. I'd imagine there were clauses on all the players we sold. Think its a case of trawling through some archives to see if theres a clue.

Player
John Aldridge
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/1871837.stm

There's no mention of a clause but after reading the bit where

A club statement said: "The board confirms that, if the deal goes through, all of the initial guaranteed payment received in the first year of ?1m will be made available to the manager for immediate investment in the first team."

I've not been in a coma have I? I know its 5 years ago but who did we buy? Or did the money go towards wages?

So after looking im still none the wiser.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We get 15% of anything over 3.5 million - ie. not that much.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
If he goes for ?5 million which he could possibly go for then we would get ?225k which isn't too bad I suppose considering we have already had ?2.25 million from the sale of him. He is more likely to go for around ?4 million i'd guess which would give us ?75k (still better than a kick in the teeth). Although there are means and ways of WBA doing us out of any money by selling him as player plus cash deal or in a double transfer of two of their players to one club where they could argue that they only recieved ?3.5 million for Koumas and the rest of any money was for the other player sold. ie. Say they sold Koumas and Kamara to Celtic for ?8 million combined. They could claim they recieved ?3.5 million for Koumas and ?4.5 million for Kamara. Hopefully we will recieve some money though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we may recieve some, which is good news. I guess you forget about players that have been sold in the past, this was quite a few years ago now, but still we may recieve some cash still. I hope he does move on, he should be playing at a higher level IMO.

I doubt we'll see any of it in way of transfer fees though. Doesn't the main stand need desperate repair?!?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Looks like the baggies have accepted a ?5.3m bid for Jason Koumas....

Which means we get 15% of 1.8m, which is ?270,000.

That's a pretty good result eh?

Come on Wigan! you know you want to!

B

Banana Army

Better than a kick in the teeth but i thought that we should have argued for more. I recon that WBA probably paid us a tad over the odds in order for us to waive a big sell on clause.

Player
Goodison
wigan are turning in to a tranmere b team - Taylor and Koumas. If you look at the leagues theres one in every division

Premiership:Wigan
Championship: Burnley
League 2: Rotherham

lol

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well its better than no 300k I guess! thats not 15% though is it?!
I'm glad he's in the premiership though, it's taken him a while but he's got back there in the end..

Does he look better in a Wigan shirt or a Tranmere one? :-D

0,,10429%7E3314671,00.jpg

so what are we going to spend the money on?? i reckon a decent midfielder with a bit of pace, flair, skill, goalscoring ability and a snappy dresser with decent fashion sense a fast motor and a good looking other half, oh and someone who is intelligent with a great music taste and a love of french literature!!!!!!!!!!!! any thoughts on this??

Player
Johnny Morrissey
nope - we get about 170k plus bits and bobs if and when he makes so many appearances or keeps Wigan in the Premiership. Details on the official site and what exactly we will receive cos of it.

A side issue - well done Jase. He has the ability to be a real star of the Premiership, hope he takes his chance and excels. Good to see another TRFC product in the top flight alongside Ryan there at Wigan.