• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

James Berret

Player
Goodison

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not wishing to sound negative - but if a fellow league 1 side, albeit with bigger resources that us dont want him, will he be good enough to get into our team ?

I'm getting a bit more worried now as with only 5 days left until training starts, we need at least 2 strikers, a keeper, plus others - and Les still hasnt signed a contract

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You do sound negative. The same argument you make could be levelled at Kay, Chorley, Bakayogo, ITM etc etc, all of whom have proved to be really useful signings. Haven't seen him play but have heard good things. Can't be worse than Mclaren.

Player
Goodison
Not wishing to sound negative - but if a fellow league 1 side, albeit with bigger resources that us dont want him, will he be good enough to get into our team ?

Lee Clark is not very good at spotting a good player, the players he gets rid of seem to end up in the Championship. Berret is a player who has a good first touch and can pass the ball as well as tackle - exactly what we need!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Town fan I spoke to hadn't seen enough of him to form an opinion one way or another and from the press report he's hardly a key player for the Udders. If we're that strapped for cash, do we really need another midfielder, when so short of cover elsewhere?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can't be worse than Mclaren.
and I think that about sums it up. Whatever this lads ability, he surely can be no worse than our trusty midfield general.

I honestly think we need to be looking at other key areas, like having a goalkeeper between the sticks, unless Les is looking at some weird 5-man midfield combo..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Hmm well we only have Welsh, Mclaren, Taylor, Mahon.

Mclaren is ****, Taylor is a lot better at center-half, Mahon is out till christmas...and Les plays 3 in midfield. Barnett and Edds both left in the summer remember.

Player
Goodison
I honestly think we need to be looking at other key areas, like having a goalkeeper between the sticks, unless Les is looking at some weird 5-man midfield combo..

We're playing rush keeper next season!

Berret is a very decent player, he has touch can pass and can tackle. Capped at U21 level and was linked with several premier league clubs in the past. Berret, Labadie and Welsh would be a very good midfield 3.

Les Parry talks about Dutch and Danish trialists coming in soon, I wonder if one of them is that centre back Stefan Hansen who we had on trial last season from Denmark? As long as Antwi doesn't turn up i'm happy!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Mahon is out till christmas, McLaren is useless, Edds, Barnett have all gone. A midfield of Welsh, Ladabie and Berret will do nicely.

Les has said he wants a squad of around 20 players for the start of the season so that being said it will be a very busy couple of weeks.

Perry

Player
Pat Nevin
Yet anoher rumour thats fizzled out?

According to Sky Sports, James Berret is expected to sign for Carlisle United within 48 hours, although I believe he's already signed for them this morning.

Not sure if he would have made any difference to be honest, wonder why he chose to go to Carlisle though?

Think the lack of funds is already hindering Les' progress in the transfer market.

Need to unearth some decent talent from the Conference sides I guess? Can't be any worse than some of the sh*te we've signed over the last 5 years.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He's already signed for Carlisle - according to their website. I'll bet Berret was the unnamed young midfielder Les was referring to in his Echo article a couple of weeks ago. We had agreed a fee, but he chose to go elsewhere. It must be dispiriting for Les. I'm sure being a physio was much easier!

Player
Goodison
Why did we take so long trying to sign him? We should have signed him when we had the chance, the club is an absolute shambles at the moment.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Why did we take so long trying to sign him? We should have signed him when we had the chance, the club is an absolute shambles at the moment.
I'm sure Les pulled his finger out and tried hard, but players always seem to take their time waiting for the bidding to stop before making up their mind.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i dont think its down to les he probably got a better offer from carlisle.

Bakayogo has signed a 2 year deal according to radio city

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Why are we all so bothered about not signing this guy? Nobody seems to know a thing about him, let alone know if he's any good or not. Let's hope that Carlisle have signed another duffer after Curran and Price :lol:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
the club is an absolute shambles at the moment.

What do you mean, 'at the moment'? We've been here so many times in the past, it wouldn't be Tranmere otherwise. I'm sure there'll be movement in a positive sense in the coming two weeks or so. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring. Best to wait for the right players. I'm not gutted about missing out on a Huddersfield reserve.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
How does our failure to sign this lad indicate the club is in a mess/shambolic etc?

Perry

Player
Pat Nevin
I think we were merely pointing out that Les obviously has some kind of restriction placed on him with regards to getting his man? Doesn't matter who it was, just the fact that a potential target decided to go to Carlisle instead of Tranmere.

Still not at crisis point yet though, lets see who comes in during the next couple of weeks. Could be a blessing in disguise.

"Onwards and Upwards"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, best not to get too carried away with this. We don't really know the details, circumstances etc.. I'm confident in the next few weeks we'll have a team more capable of churning out better performances than this time last season. Let's get behind Les and the boys!!