• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

ITM Selected Above Jennings ...

• Thread starter OneNightInGayParis
  • Start date
O

OneNightInGayParis

I note that ITM is selected above Dale Jennings in last weeks FL Team Of The Week (selected by the press association, whoever they may be). Having missed the game, the post match focus seemed to be very much on Jennings' performance since he also provided 2 assists. Is this a dubious call?

John Welsh was also selected last week after the Walsall win.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
These things tend to be fairly random in my experience

Player
Goodison
Maybe it's a good thing as it means less attention will be drawn to Jennings...

O

OneNightInGayParis

Mmmm ... except I'm probably the only saddo who even looks at the sodding thing!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
On the subject of Jennings - given his recently performances, is anyone concerned about us only giving him a 2 year deal recently ?

If he carries on the way he is, more and more clubs will be sniffing round and if he gets wind of this, he may be happy to see out the 2 years and move on. Obviously we would get compensation but nothing great really.

Should we have tied him down for longer ? Yes he is still relatively unproven but its obvious he is something special and a longer contract on probably not too high a wage still to me would have made more sense.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Doubt he would have signed a longer deal

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The lad has only played a handful of games and is something of an unknown quantity to our opponents at present. Let's see how well he's going after teams wise-up to his existence and adjust accordingly. I like what's been seen of Dale so far, but Curran burst onto the scene with a bang and notlob and Everscum were allegedly watching Terry Gornell when on the fringes of the first team and where are they now?? His current deal made sense to me, see if he's willing to extend/what offers come at at the season end.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Talking of Gornell, no surprises to me but he's been banging the goals in for Accie (6 so far I think). Expect him to have close to 15-20 by the end of the season

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I like what's been seen of Dale so far, but Curran burst onto the scene with a bang and notlob and Everscum were allegedly watching Terry Gornell when on the fringes of the first team and where are they now??

I agree that it is impossible to properly judge any player after half a dozen games, but even from what little we have seen I think Jenings is in a different class to those two to be honest. The last players to make a similar impact were Taylor / Hulme / Koumas, all of whom went on to play at a higher level.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
sparky gornell will score goals in league 2 as its his level

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't know whether Terry Gornell is scoring regularly now because he's found his level, or as a consequence of him playing as a central striker. He wasn't suited to playing wide as part of a front three.