• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Danny Holmes

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Has signed a new deal today which will keep him at his home town club until summer 2015.

Great news. We just need Zoum, Fonners and the rest to follow suit now.....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's great news. I thought he wanted away last summer so was just running down his contract. What I want to know is how have we persuaded him to commit. Given we have such a small budget, I presume he could have got a lot more elsewhere. Obviously, it's not just a matter of money for the likes of Danny.

Player
Manager
John King
That's great news. I thought he wanted away last summer so was just running down his contract. What I want to know is how have we persuaded him to commit. Given we have such a small budget, I presume he could have got a lot more elsewhere. Obviously, it's not just a matter of money for the likes of Danny.

I don't think he ever wanted to leave to be honest. Most of the rumours regarding Championship / Premier League clubs were just nonsense put about by his agent.

To me it is not really a surprise he has signed. He is living the dream playing for the club he supports, and a sideways move to another League One side would not appeal when he could be playing Championship football with us next season. I think he would be unlikely to get a move to a higher level in the summer other than with ourselves.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If I'm honest, he's been a lot better than I ever thought he was going to be when we signed him back from TNS. Good solid performer who rarely puts a foot wrong.

Although I agree with RLC I wouldn't imagine there would be a host of clubs after his signature. I'm pleased he's signed.

Player
Goodison
Great news, if Holmes can add a bit more attacking play to his game he could easily be a Championship full back.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
For someone who is still new to this level and only just turned 24 I think he's great. Really nice to have a proper TRFC fan in the starting line-up too.

Player
Manager
John King
I think he can definitely play at Championship level, I just don't think he is someone who would be noticed by scouts from a higher division in the way that Wallace, Zoum, Akpro etc. would.

I doubt he had many better offers than the one from Rovers but would certainly stay in the first eleven if we did go up.