• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brighton (a) 28.3.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Another big game for Rovers (they all are at this time of the season) and at Brighton, where we never seem to do all that well. We'll need another Oldham/Leicester-esque performance as we've set the standard in those games and should we do as well in the remaining fixtures, the play offs is a very achievable target.

I read that Brighton are set to sign John Finnigan from Cheltenham (who are having to release a lot of players before the loan deadline at 5pm today) to bolster their midfield. Also, striker Glenn Murray is back to fitness and should play some part for the Seagulls. They're fighting to stay in the league so expect a really tough game, but hopefully we can turn in a good performance cos we can't really afford to fall further behind the teams above us.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Unfortunately, we seem to raise our game only against good opposition, only to do the opposite against the strugglers (Crewe, Yeovil, Cheltenham etc.)

If we blow this one, I can't see us getting back into the top six.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think we'll get a point, but more likely to lose than win. I find it odd that Brighton are where they are in the league as they have some good players. Midget midfielder Dean Cox has always impressed me when I've seen him play, and I saw enough of Glenn Murray last season for Rochdale to see he's more than capable of being a 20-goal a season striker at this level. Shame we didn't have the money to sign him! Maybe if they go down ;-)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Brighton were unlucky not to get a point @PP and expect them to be tough opponents. Shotton banned and injury doubts over Moore & Taylor. Cresswell an able deputy for the latter, but unsure Curran will be match-fit if required to replace 'our Ian'. Depending on who's fit, a Savage-Sonko pairing up front may be called for.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
I would rather have the Chuckle Brothers up front than Savage and Sonko.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
LOL. A draw would have been a decent result, but they are going to have to roll up their sleeves and go for the win. A win would put us into a promising position and we would have taken 6 points from 3 away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.