• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Accrington Stanley - FA Cup

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Potential banana-skin, but we could do with a good Cup run. Will Bas be fit for the game? If not, Greenacre isn't suited to the lone striker role. My preference would be for 2 up front, but if just the one then Ian Moore the better bet imo. This could mean a start for Sonko. Otherwise, expect much the same side as Tuesday. The ref is Mr Kettle, bit of a reputation for being attention seeking and card happy, though he's not done badly in other Rovers games. Chance to go to a new ground, depending on the weather, get p*ssed on stood on an open terrace, unmissable. Hard to predict, maybe back to PP for a replay?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nah, we'll win this one. It's probably going to be a tight game, but like I said a while back, Accrington Stanley are an average division two side. This showed when we played them in the JPT earlier on this season. They work hard, but aren't strong enough to break our back line and they are too weak up front to be a threat.

If they do win, it'll be down to just one of those games. If Tranmere play well and do a good job, I can't see anything but a win.

Although I think Ronnie will favour his 451, just because it's away from home and he seems to think that's the only formation to play away from home now. Think Bas will be back for this one, so we'll see a familiar line up.

Looking forward to this one, can't beat the magic of the FA Cup!

Player
Goodison
We should win this one but playing away from home without Goodison will not help. I'm going and I hope to see us play a bit more attacking football than we have in recent games.

My line up prediction:

Coyne

Shotton Kay Chorley Taylor

Shuker Edds Barnett Jennings Moore

Savage

I could see Paul Henry featuring in this one though instead of Barnett as he isn't used to so many competitve games in a short period of time.

Score prediction: 1-2 (to Rovers)

Ally

Player
Aldo
I really really hope we win this. I think we'll struggle to make the play-offs this season so some good cup runs are really welcome. With us going well in the JPT I'd like to see us do the same in the FA Cup.

I too think we can get a result here, but the match screams upset to me. I'm gonna plump for a 2-2 draw, with some comedy cup goals for the cameras, resulting in my favourite typical lower league commentary "Oh!... There's confusion in the box... and it's gone in!" being shouted several times, rather than "Lovely flowing football from the visitors.... and that's a stunning strike!"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'll be adding a small poll to the pre-match threads from now on. Only for a bit of fun, just predict the result.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
This is gonna be tough I think. I hope we can sneak a draw but could see it having to go to a replay. I don't think any result is out of the question really at the moment. We need to be professional and get stuck in from the start.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
haha, i like the poll idea.

i very much expect us to beat accy again, but we don't really seem to be able to get fired up for these type of games (home vs stanley JPT, home vs morcambe JPT, home vs crewe JPT spring to mind) ...not questioning the teams effort, we just don't seem to play our A game in these ones, for whatever reason.

i'm saying it'll either be 0-0 or 1-0 rovers. our defence has been epic recently and accys form goalscorer is out (lol gornell) so i can't really see them scoring...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
i'm saying it'll either be 0-0 or 1-0 rovers. our defence has been epic recently and accys form goalscorer is out (lol gornell) so i can't really see them scoring...
Just hope that's not a cue for a winning toe-poke from someone like John Mulin

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian got the lineup right, Bas returning for Greenacre. Good away turnout about 600. Not raining...yet

Status
Not open for further replies.