• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Accrington field illegible player

Player
Goodison
We could be yes, or Accrington's next opponents could get a bye to the next round.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting, but let's not get reinstated. lol

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It would be fair if we were reinstated

DIW

Player
Goodison
I think in these cases reinstatement is what usually happens.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Illegible?

I suspect the lad, Putterill, was not quite as illegible as the title of this thread; but more likely than not, ineligible.

Anyway, Les hype Reivers are restarted into the compendium. A trap in Aspull to Wimberley Astrarium for the John Smith Pints Atrophy Funeral sands link a Real tunic for our royal sopranos ...

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I would like to apologise to everyone on this board I have offended with my slap dash grammer, I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise to my parents, they must be so ashamed, I would like to say to my lovely wife if you leave me because of this I understand having to live with this must be too much to bare, and to my children I also apologise as it is because of me that you will now be bullied and spat at on the yard and your teachers will think that you are as thick as me.................. but most of all I would like to apologise to OneNightInGayParis I am sorry that my terrible mistake confused you so badly that you didnt undertsand what the thread was about.. . . . . . . . . . . . .kn*b Head!

O

OneNightInGayParis

I would like to apologise to everyone on this board I have offended with my slap dash grammer, I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise to my parents, they must be so ashamed, I would like to say to my lovely wife if you leave me because of this I understand having to live with this must be too much to bare, and to my children I also apologise as it is because of me that you will now be bullied and spat at on the yard and your teachers will think that you are as thick as me.................. but most of all I would like to apologise to OneNightInGayParis I am sorry that my terrible mistake confused you so badly that you didnt undertsand what the thread was about.. . . . . . . . . . . . .kn*b Head!

Dear BellEnd

Many thanks for your apology, please consider it duly accepted. I sincerely hope that your error does not cause any disruption to your domestic arrangements and am sure that your offspring will suffer no ill effects as a result. I suspect that such concerns may, in fact, contain an element of hyperbole.

I perfectly understood your thread, hence my reply referring to Putterill's ineligibility and my fervent desire that we are reinstated as a result and ultimately progress to the final. I suspect that you may have missed this due to the trauma that has evidently overtaken you. Rest assured there is no need for a further apology on this count.

Finally, I would like to mildly chastise you on the signing of your post as "kn*b Head". No, not because of your failure to use a capital "K" (proper noun), but because I think you are being far too harsh on yourself. After all you have only made a spelling mistake and provided an embarassingly aggressive rant in reply to an (allegedly) humourous leg-pull. For a minute I almost thought the foul insult was directed at me! Perhaps the falling out between Bootle and Sonko had planted the dark thought; but, hey-ho, there is little room for such animosity between our small band of White Reviewers.

Let me wish you happy, and grammatically correct, posting for the remainder of the season and I would like to pass my sympathies to your parents, your lovely wife (who I am sure is still an occupant of the marital home) and your children (who are surely progressing well in English and are spittle-free).

Yours sincerely

ONIGP

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Blimey guys....take a chill pill ! We're all on the same team remember !

DIW

Player
Goodison
Dear BellEnd

Many thanks for your apology, please consider it duly accepted. I sincerely hope that your error does not cause any disruption to your domestic arrangements and am sure that your offspring will suffer no ill effects as a result. I suspect that such concerns may, in fact, contain an element of hyperbole.

I perfectly understood your thread, hence my reply referring to Putterill's ineligibility and my fervent desire that we are reinstated as a result and ultimately progress to the final. I suspect that you may have missed this due to the trauma that has evidently overtaken you. Rest assured there is no need for a further apology on this count.

Finally, I would like to mildly chastise you on the signing of your post as "kn*b Head". No, not because of your failure to use a capital "K" (proper noun), but because I think you are being far too harsh on yourself. After all you have only made a spelling mistake and provided an embarassingly aggressive rant in reply to an (allegedly) humourous leg-pull. For a minute I almost thought the foul insult was directed at me! Perhaps the falling out between Bootle and Sonko had planted the dark thought; but, hey-ho, there is little room for such animosity between our small band of White Reviewers.

Let me wish you happy, and grammatically correct, posting for the remainder of the season and I would like to pass my sympathies to your parents, your lovely wife (who I am sure is still an occupant of the marital home) and your children (who are surely progressing well in English and are spittle-free).

Yours sincerely

ONIGP

Yes I had a feeling you would have checked this very stringently for errors.

However I have to argue whether the term 'knobhead' is in fact a proper noun. My understanding is that a proper noun refers to a unique entity, so unless Bellend is in fact the only 'knobhead' in existence (and as regular football watchers I think we can all agree that is not the case), the word is, in fact, a common noun.

Furthermore I think you will find that a proper noun is not usually preceded by an article such as 'a' as in 'you are a knobhead' as was implied by Bellend. Hope this clears it up although I am still a bit confused by the totally erroneous capital 'H' as used in the middle of the word.

Player
Goodison
It's a good job there isn't a White Review FC - it would be like Bowyer v Dyer all over the pitch!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Erm, can we keep this on topic please folks. Any other off-topic posts will be deleted.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Erm, can we keep this on topic please folks. Any other off-topic posts will be deleted.

Missed a question mark out there Ian. :wink:

Back on topic though, I fail to see how there could be any other resolution to this than reinstatement for us. There's obviously no points deduction possible, it seems we were harsh done by particularly as the offending player scored their goal. We probably didn't deserve to go through, and it's a shame in some ways for Accrington but that's life. Get over it.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Accy Tie Postponed

Not sure if anybody has noticed or posted about it, but the Accy Stanley v Stockport JPT 2nd round tie has been postponed next week pending the result of the investigation. Any word on when a result is expected? (Of the disciplinary not the match!).

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As its the football league involved it will probably be a while yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Back in the trophy hunt we are.
Tranmere Rovers will now play at home to Stockport County in the second round with the winner travelling to Bury in the Area Quarter Final.

Objection your honour

While it is undoubtedly true that Sonko and I have had some differences of opinion I do not consider we have fallen foul of each other.
A difference of opinion remains just that and nothing more, why there's even been times when we have agreed, admittedly not often but so what.

I do still however harbour a deep suspicion that Sonko remains "Johnsons man". I've no proof of course just an opinion. Nevertheless it makes for lively and healthy debate.

In the words of the proverb, "May you live in interesting times"

Happy to be back in the competition of course. And relatively upbeat about our overall performances in the league - the kids are getting better with experience. Les is doing well enough given the troubles he has had. Surely we're due a change of luck with injuries.